Forum:

Thread: how do I lose 10 lbs in 2 weeks?

Junior Member Array

Default how do I lose 10 lbs in 2 weeks?

I'm a bridesmaid in a wedding and can't fit in my dress.....i really need to lose that last ten pounds! What should I eat? What exercises could I do? I'm def commited to any diet plan suggestions!

Junior Member Array

is your wedding in two weeks, or do you just want to lose it in two weeks? I just helped a woman lose 7 pounds in 9 days, but she is on my program. it'll be challenging to do on your own, but if you have more than two weeks - like a month - it's possible.

calculate how many calories you currently burn with an online BMR calculator (basal metabolic rate + activity). or i can do it, but i'd need your height, weight, and level of activity (i.e. how many times a week you currently exercise - it's OK if it's none).

you need to burn 3500 calories to lose a pound of fat. let's say for example you currently burn 2000 calories a day and you eat 2000 calories a day. if you dropped the calories you eat to 1000, assuming all those calories were healthy and you didn't starve yourself, you would burn 3500 calories in 3.5 days, which is 2lbs per week. a lot of my clients lose a lot more their first week because they are eating 2000 or more calories a day, and they've been retaining water.

so what i can tell you now: start drinking tons of water, at least 64 oz per day of PLAIN water. drink 32oz right when you wake up. this is so essential to LOSING water weight.

eat 6x a day, small meals/snacks, all with protein. keep it as lean and green as possible, with perhaps 1 (one slice of bread or 1/2 cup pasta or rice = one serving) of carb a day. your body still needs carbs, and low-no carbs is OK for short term but not for long term.

add a TBS of coconut oil into your diet somewhere. you need to eat fat to lose fat, just like you need to drink water to lose water.

don't eat packaged carbs such as cereals or oatmeals or pastas for two weeks. stick to low-glycemic choices. sourdough bread is the lowest glycemic bread. no alcohol, no fruit. just mainly protein and veggies. take a good calcium and vit/min supplement.

don't OVER exercise or else your body will think you're starving it and it won't lose the fat. this is why shows like "Biggest Loser" suck. it's totally wrong to think you can exercise off fat. workout, but go easy, not crazy.

the most important tip - set your goal, focus on it, and don't let anything get in your way if you are serious. believe in yourself. don't listen to those people who say "you don't need to lose weight" or "just one glass of wine won't hurt." even one cookie will throw off your process if you let it. it's an interesting time of year to go on such a mission, but if you want to do it then just do it!! i totally believe you can.

Junior Member Array

The poster above me sounds well...sound But there are other ways, though pretty much all of them are pretty unhealthy. Here's one for 15 pounds that I got off a site:

One Meal Diet / Good Meal Diet / 500 Calorie Diet / Breakfast Diet
    14 days / 15lbs

The goal is not to go over 500 calories on any day. Most of those calories should be used in one meal. You can season your food with: mustard, ketchup, soy sauce, vinegar, salt, lemon and pepper.

Day 1: Drink as much coffee and water as you want. 1 piece of toast with butter, 1 egg, 1 serving of yogurt, and 1 serving of chicken with 1 salad with low calorie dressing is your meal today.

Day 2: Drink as much tea and water as you want. 1 serving cottage cheese, 2 eggs, 1 piece of toast with no butter, 1 salad with no dressing and 1 serving of beef is your meal today.

Day 3: Drink as much 0 calorie diet soda and water as you want. 1 fruit, 1 vegetable, 1 salad with low calorie dressing and 1 serving of fish is your meal today.

Day 4: Drink as much juice and water as you want. 1 serving cheese, 1 serving yogurt, 1 egg, 1 piece of toast with butter and 1 salad with meat of your choice is your meal today.

Day 5: Drink as much coffee, tea, and water as you want. 1 carrot, 1 large tomato, 1 serving chicken, 1 egg, and 1 slice of toast with butter is your meal today.

Day 6: Drink as much diet soda and juice as you want. 8 saltine crackers, 1 citrus fruit (orange, lemon, etc.), 1 serving chicken, and 2 eggs is your meal today.

Day 7: Drink only water. 1 salad with low calorie dressing, 1 fruit, and 2 vegetables is your meal today.

Repeat days one through seven again to total 14 days.

__________________________________________________ ___________

Hope this helps! Good luck

Veteran Member (800+ posts & member 1 year+) Array kygirl's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I would avoid the post above. You need to really make sure you are eating enough calories or might get faint while you're at hte wedding and that would be no good! I would suggest just avoiding processed foods. Eat lots of lean meat and veggies, don't go below 1000 calories in any day. Drink lots of water. Get plenty of cardio in whether it's walking, jogging, or using an eliptical machine or bike. You can burn 500 calories doing about an hour if you keep up the intensity and that will be a lb a week (if you do it every day) along with the extra two pounds you can lose watching calories. Also I agree with Belinda on drinking lots of water. That will help flush additional water out of your system. Also, make sure you avoid foods with a lot of salt/sodium as those will make you retain water.

You might not make it down 10 lbs, but I'd say 7 lbs is definitely doable and that (maybe along with some Spanx) should do the trick
    If you smile when no one else is around, you really mean it.
    -Andy Rooney

It is discouraging how many people are shocked by honesty and how few by deceit.--Noel Coward

Live your life and forget your age. --Norman Vincent Peale

Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by belindakan View Post
    is your wedding in two weeks, or do you just want to lose it in two weeks? I just helped a woman lose 7 pounds in 9 days, but she is on my program. it'll be challenging to do on your own, but if you have more than two weeks - like a month - it's possible.

calculate how many calories you currently burn with an online BMR calculator (basal metabolic rate + activity). or i can do it, but i'd need your height, weight, and level of activity (i.e. how many times a week you currently exercise - it's OK if it's none).

you need to burn 3500 calories to lose a pound of fat. let's say for example you currently burn 2000 calories a day and you eat 2000 calories a day. if you dropped the calories you eat to 1000, assuming all those calories were healthy and you didn't starve yourself, you would burn 3500 calories in 3.5 days, which is 2lbs per week. a lot of my clients lose a lot more their first week because they are eating 2000 or more calories a day, and they've been retaining water.

so what i can tell you now: start drinking tons of water, at least 64 oz per day of PLAIN water. drink 32oz right when you wake up. this is so essential to LOSING water weight.

eat 6x a day, small meals/snacks, all with protein. keep it as lean and green as possible, with perhaps 1 (one slice of bread or 1/2 cup pasta or rice = one serving) of carb a day. your body still needs carbs, and low-no carbs is OK for short term but not for long term.

add a TBS of coconut oil into your diet somewhere. you need to eat fat to lose fat, just like you need to drink water to lose water.

don't eat packaged carbs such as cereals or oatmeals or pastas for two weeks. stick to low-glycemic choices. sourdough bread is the lowest glycemic bread. no alcohol, no fruit. just mainly protein and veggies. take a good calcium and vit/min supplement.

don't OVER exercise or else your body will think you're starving it and it won't lose the fat. this is why shows like "Biggest Loser" suck. it's totally wrong to think you can exercise off fat. workout, but go easy, not crazy.

the most important tip - set your goal, focus on it, and don't let anything get in your way if you are serious. believe in yourself. don't listen to those people who say "you don't need to lose weight" or "just one glass of wine won't hurt." even one cookie will throw off your process if you let it. it's an interesting time of year to go on such a mission, but if you want to do it then just do it!! i totally believe you can.

Wow, I love your ideas! Sounds like the perfect way to go about loosing weight, the RIGHT way. I'm really interested in your program! Can you fill me in on some more info?! I figured out my bmr... how many calories should I cut from it to start loosing weight? I'm currently not excercising. (But will be within the next couple of days).
    Thanks so much for all your help!
    ~Lori

WH Super Moderator Array caterpillar79's Avatar
    Blog Entries

10 lbs is a bit of a challenge, but do some circuit training (cardio, strength training and flexibility training) coupled with enough rest and proper amount of water, and of course, healthy balanced diet, mostly organic green leafy veggies and fruit.

Remember, to lose weight, eat less calories than you can burn. (Calorie in < calorie out)
    What counts in making a happy marriage is not so much how compatible you are but how you deal with incompatibility. - Leo Tolstoy

The clearest explanation for failure of any marriage is that two people are incompatible; that is, one is male and the other female. - Anna Quindlen

Register! | Rules/FAQ |Contact Mod| Contact Admin

Junior Member Array

Hello,

For reducing your weight, you must start doing exercise because exercise will burn your fat. You should also try exercise kits for being slim because if you are having much weight then abdomen exercise becomes hard for you.

Exercise Kit - There are different kinds of belts available in the market for reducing your weight silently whenever you are enjoying watching TV or doing any other thing.

Junior Member Array

After losing 34 pounds within just 2 months all I have to say is Consistency Is The Key in this game.

First you need to find a good diet plan to follow. I recommend Fatlozz.com since its very detailed and easy to apply.

Then you need to adjust the diet plan to suite your needs. those who find a diet they can stick with are the winners.

Shoot for realistic weight loss goals like 2-3 pounds a week.

Motivate yourself. even the perfect diet plan can fail if you cannot stick to it.