Forum:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cellan (african mango) weight loss supplement?

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array leahbia_83008's Avatar

Default cellan (african mango) weight loss supplement?

as part of my ritual google search for useless information, i came across a site promoting, what claims to be, an all natural weight loss supplement called cellan (formly referred to as cellean). it is made up of african mango extract, EGCG extract, blueberry, blackberry & raspberry extracts, vitamin c and vitamin B3. the website claims to flatten your tummy, protect your heart by lowering "bad" LDL cholesterol and proinflammatory c-reactive protein, as well as increasing your energy by turning carbs into energy instead of fat. this just seems to good to be true...

there was a clinical study on users of cellan and the average person lost 28 lbs in 10 weeks. all you have to do is take 2 capsules in the morning & one in the afternoon (as well as maintain good diet & excercise habits) and POOF! the weight will disappear. that easy huh? several studies have demonstrated african mango blocks storage of fat by preventing conversion of carbs to sugars and blood sugar to fat. it also changes levels of hormones that regulate appetite and satiety. is it safe for a dietary supplement to alter the level of hormones in your body, even if they claim to be all natural?

they offer a free one month sample of cellan on their website. i am seriously considering it but i'd like to outweigh all the pros and cons before jumping the gun on anything, especially when it comes to my health. but the fact that it claims to helps you lose weight, lower cholesterol & reduce inflammation sounds like a cure all in my book.

any experiences/opinions on cellan?
    "we should all start to live before we get too old. fear is stupid. so are regrets"
    marilyn monroe <3

APRIL 2011 POSTER OF THE MONTH Array ItsASecret's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I am going to answer this bit by bit lol.

an all natural weight loss supplement
    This right here is the red flag for total bs. I do not mean bs on your part of course because you are just searching around but it is all a marketing ploy, a lie, a method of advertisement. Health marketing, especially weight loss, revolves around making things seem easy and simple and having the idea that something is a "cure". The simple fact is that there is nothing that works as a "cure" for weight loss except backbreaking hard work over a very long period of time.

As for the product itself the second something says "natural" they are lieing. Natural is the plant, root, leaf, stem, branch itself...not a liquid/caplet/powder made in a lab and placed in a bottle and sold by a company. If you want natural you eat that leaf, that twig, that fungus covered root...that is natural. The reason those extracts are listed is because people believe in things like "well fruit is good for you so this must work!" and the bigger the words the less likely people are to question it. I am not implying that you are a person that takes information like "it works!" from a random website and believes it is true information, I am just saying that is how marketing works...playing on the idea that there is a cure in something as simple as a fruit extract. It does not work like that in the real scientific world. It just sounds good to list 60 different extracts 15 different plants and throw in some words like "clinical trial" "doctors" "nutritionists" so that it appears to be a wicked weight loss formula.

this just seems to good to be true...
    It is, unfortunately. Weight loss is not as easy as popping a pill and doing some pushups. It takes far more dedication, time, and patience than most people are willing to give.

there was a clinical study on users of cellan and the average person lost 28 lbs in 10 weeks. all you have to do is take 2 capsules in the morning & one in the afternoon (as well as maintain good diet & excercise habits) and POOF! the weight will disappear.
    It is quite simple to write that but if anyone asks for the real study they will get either the silent treatment or "well our customers say it works so we do not need to provide anything" or they give a report that can be ripped apart by anyone in the real scientific community. Things like this usually fail in the get-go because of methodologies or products themselves or 'accidenly' missing data. Natural cures are hard to have significant science to back them up which is why there is so little out there to believe.

is it safe for a dietary supplement to alter the level of hormones in your body, even if they claim to be all natural?
    A dietary supplement will alter whatever that particular vitamin or mineral alters. The additional junk and garbage that supplements add are the problem, any chemical dyes or preservatives and such. Vitamin C will act as vitamin C for example, you can change the label all you want but if it is real vitamin c it will work the same in an orange as it does in a vitamin supplement (key word is "real" vitamin c, if it is a fake like online products do so many times then it is not going to act the same).

i am seriously considering it but i'd like to outweigh all the pros and cons before jumping the gun on anything, especially when it comes to my health. but the fact that it claims to helps you lose weight, lower cholesterol & reduce inflammation sounds like a cure all in my book.
    It is simply another marketing example of how people get pulled into false weight loss programs. There is never going to be a pill version of weight loss. The other thing to consider is the danger of buying pharmaceuticals online. Vitamins, minerals and supplements are still pharmaceuticals, you would be buying drugs online. Not a safe method especially when the goal of that website is to take your money. They are not in the business to sell a good safe product they just want your money and they will write all the fancy stuff, put up flashy website banners, and photoshop people in pictures to make the weight loss seem real all in an attempt to get your money. You must be extremely careful when buying drugs online, people selling things hardly have an idea of what they are actually selling and as a customer you have no idea if you are getting actual pharmaceuticals or a pill of sugar (done quite often actually). Not knowing what you are ingesting, especially if it comes from an online drug source can actually land you in the hospital due to unknown compounds in the said pill.

Overall it is not a good idea to think that anything but old fashioned good diet and hard exercise can help you lose weight. Online companies want money and they will flash up everything to make it seem like their product is the one and only cure. If it sounds too good to be true then it is.
    There are those who believe that dictionaries should not merely reflect the times but also protect English from the mindless assaults of the trendy.

thank you itsasecret for taking the time to break down my post & answer all my questions and concerns. after reading more into the product, i realize it's not something i would be interested in. aside from the fact there is no guarentee it will work, it is very expensive and i have read a lot of complaints from users that say the company auto deducts from your credit card without consent, even if the product has not been shipped, and there is no possibility for a refund. sounds 100% like a scam. however i did find another supplement (shame on me!) called apidexin... it too is an african mango supplement and upon looking at the reviews from real consumers, it seems that for every 1 negative review there are 10 positive remarks. of course diet and excercise plays a big role in the effectiveness of the product, but it has been rated the #1 dietary aid in weight loss for 3 consecutive years. and the best news is there is a 100% money back guarentee if you are not satisfied & they do not auto deduct from your credit card (!!!). so maybe it would be worth a try... any thoughts?
    "we should all start to live before we get too old. fear is stupid. so are regrets"
    marilyn monroe <3

Blog Entries

Again, any pill will be a scam. Seeing an online posting on the website that the product works great is just another marketing method, companies create consumer reports themselves saying things like "it worked great I lost so much in so little time!!!", "best weight loss method ever!!", "I took the pill and did no work and I now have a six-pack"....they create the image that it works to sell the product. There is no pill method for weight loss, the idea sounds great and wonderful and that is exactly what sells. Apidexin is not approved by the FDA, has zero real scientific research to back it up (consumer reports is not scientific proof of it working) and I am sure if you searched enough you could find some lawsuit against it causing serious harm-none of those weight loss products go through significant drug testing before being put into bottles and shipped to customers. If you want advice on how to lose weight you should see a certified nutritionist, they understand weight loss and if they are going to recommend a supplement powder or shake or whatever they will tell you. But again they will say there is no pill for weight loss despite anything that says the contrary.

If you want to read more go to the FDA website and search "weight loss". You will see a series of links describing the fraud and the increasing danger of taking these online weight loss pill programs. Everything from illegal trafficking of falsely labelled products to undeclared compounds in pills that can create things such as seizures, and increased blood pressure.
    There are those who believe that dictionaries should not merely reflect the times but also protect English from the mindless assaults of the trendy.

WH MODERATOR Array Beautiful Disaster's Avatar

No. No. No. and no. Are african mango's new? No. So if they are this magical fruit that generates totally safe and healthy weight loss with no side effects....and they've been around since methuzula, why isn't the world skinny? To me it's no different than the acai berry supplements that were on FIRE a few years back. Or Zija. Or the many others I could list if I wanted to think about it.

african mango extract, EGCG extract, blueberry, blackberry & raspberry extracts, vitamin c and vitamin B3.
    There's nothing here of any major value in regards to weight loss or fat burning. The ingredient list I found includes: African mango, acai, vitamin D, maqui fruit, green tea, and sensoril trim. But again, nothing to contribute to fat burning other than potentially the green tea. It is RIDONKULOUSLY expensive and is nothing more than a glorified diet pill.

"Be what you're looking for."

"The next time you're thinking of kicking someone when they're down, offer them your hand and help them back up instead."

Blog Entries

african mango extract, EGCG extract, blueberry, blackberry & raspberry extracts, vitamin c and vitamin B3.
    Actually now that I reread this I realize this is a good weight loss method. They are basically saying eat some fruit, well they are saying it in marketing-speak but they are basically saying eat fruit lol. Let me break this one down as well, you should not bother with the fake diet pills eat the actual fruits that these lieing companies are trying to sell in pill form.

Mango: Rich in vitamin A, B, C, and B6. Very high amount of provitamin A cartonenoids, a superb amount of folate, some omega-3 and 6 fatty acids present. And delicious by itself.

EGCG (Epigallocatechin gallate): it is a catechin found in green tea. So just drink some green tea, much healthier for you that a fake diet pill and you get plenty of other benefits from tea as it is. Oh and tea can be delicious.

Blueberry: One of the best fruits you could ever eat. The sheer amount of beneficial phytochemicals is astounding, primarily due to the chemicals called anthocyanins, resveratrol, flavonols, and proanthocyanidins. Vitamins A, B, C, E, K (very good amount). There is some evidence that points to them lowering blood pressure and cholesterol as well. Delicious as well.

Blackberry: Huge amount of manganese, vitamins C, K, and B. Incredible amount (one of the highest rated) of antioxidents like anthocyanins, tannins, and quercetin. Absolutely delicious.

Raspberry: Good amount of dietary fibre. Very good vitamins C and B. Huge amount of antioxidents just like blackberries. My personal favorite fruit as they are delicious.

Vitamin C: You can get this from any fruit especially kiwis.

Vitamin B3, known as Niacin: You can get this from eating chicken, fish, peanuts, eggs, avocados, asparagus, tomatoes, nuts, and mushrooms.

So there you have it, the ingredients alone are better than the synthetic versions in the diet pill. You will have a much easier time eating a proper diet which includes fruits.

thank you both again for your posts. however, what i don't understand is if the ingredients in these pills are so healthy for you, what difference is there eating them or taking them in in capsule form? isn't the real point that you are getting the nutrients from these extracts one way or another? maybe i'm missing something here but i don't see how it could be so bad if what's in them is actually very good for you.
    marilyn monroe <3

Blog Entries

however, what i don't understand is if the ingredients in these pills are so healthy for you, what difference is there eating them or taking them in in capsule form?
    The difference is the mass altering and false labeling. Ingredients in unaltered form, so from the fruit directly, will not only be better absorbed but it has far more additional benefits from more than one type of vitamin. The pills will claim that you get Vitamin C for example, well if you eat a blueberry instead you get Vitamin A, B, C, E, and K as well as hundreds of other beneficial chemicals within the berry itself. A pill claims to extract only one thing, just one, in a real fruit there are thousands of chemicals working together to make the fruit what it is and it is that combination of things that is the health benefit. It is scientifically impossible to say that without a doubt X chemical is the absolute reason for the benefits...it just does not work that way, it is the total amount of all things working together that is the benefit. Sellers just try to make it seem like only one thing of those thousands are the 'miracle' part when in reality it is the total overall combination of things that is the real benefit.

Not only that but pills are altered versions of what you should be eating. Those pills contain extra ingredients which the companies will not label, which is why the FDA refuses to approve them as safe drugs. The extras can cause significant harm because it is cheaper for a company to put in false cheap ingredients into a pill (hence more profit for them), than some expensive real extract-which if you want would be found in a certified herbalist shop run by someone who has a degree in some science related field or they are a doctor themselves. The pill sellers have zero obligation to actual follow any guidelines, they do what they want and they do, they go for the most profit and if that means putting in a seizure medication into the pill because it makes the pill cheaper for them to make then they are going to do it. You are buying something that is untested, has zero legal obligation of proving that their pills work/are safe, the companies do not have a team of certified scientists in the background working on things (putting the words "scientifically tested!! in flashy letters on a website is not a team). The companies lie because there is nothing they need to follow, they do not care if a pill kills a client because the chances of them being pinned legally are slim to none due to those zero restrictions and guidelines...they just want the money.

I know you want pills to be the glory idea of weight loss because of the ease they seem to project but they really are a total lie. If you want mass vitamins go to your pharmacy and pick up some Vitamin tablets, or ask the pharmacist what their opinion of the best multivitamin is. A multivitamin is basically what those online sellers are trying to sell, but in the pharmacy what you get in the bottle has been tested and approved and goes under strict quality control testing to make sure what is on the label is actually in each individual pill.

thank you so much for clearing that up. i will take your advice & visit my pharamacy as soon as possible to get a professional suggestion
    marilyn monroe <3

Blog Entries

The company who makes Cellan wants this thread taken down - even offered me money to do it. All because it ranks so highly in their google results. Let anybody who wonders if Cellan's a good product keep in mind that the company that makes it would rather their dissenters be silenced than allowed to use logic!

Eat fruit, folks.
    Nature gives us shapeless shapes,
    Clouds and waves and flame,
    But human expectation is that love remains the same,
    And when it doesn’t, we point our fingers and blame.

Register|Contact Admin|Email Admin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast