Forum:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 190 to 150 pounds in 3 months

Junior Member Array

Default Sizes

I am going to take your advise and use it. I am really trying to lose weight and we both started out at the same size 190. If I could get to 150, I would be too sexy. LOL

I was wondering what size clothes did you start out wearing and what size do you wear now. That is a motivator.

Junior Member Array

I used to be a 200 lb smoker.....quit smoking and went down to 120 lbs....but it took me a yr. Find excercise you love, walk or bike doing errands, and we all know what we should and shouldn't eat, instead of making excuses tough it out for 1 month only. By then the habit is formed. Tell yourself it's just for a month only. My weakness used to be ice cream, so I replaced it with low fat, low sugar frozen yogurt. After a month I had a bite of real ice cream and it was so gross!! All I could taste was the fat!
    Good luck! I kept it off for 13 yrs now....plus had 2 children and went to my pre prego weight by choosing healthy. The ironic thing is now that I'm almost 40 I'm struggling with peri-menopause and gained 15 lbs. I still lead a very active lifestyle running and working out with other cardio and weights, and still can't lose these bloody 15 lbs!! I now struggle with too many periods, hot and cold spells, depression spells and feeling PMS alot due to this peri menopause.Any one have any ideas???

Junior Member Array

WOW!!! Congratulations! Thats amazing and so inspiring!
    I am going to print this out and hang it on my refrigerator and start taking control! THANK YOU!

This diet plan has quite a few upsides:
    -eating non processed foods can help decrease cellulite
    -not eating meat (acc. American Heart Assoc.) leads to cardio health
    -the extra fiber and the raw fruits/veggies causes your body to do extra work in processing them (burning calories as you digest!)

Coming from personal experience eating all this natural food will lead to a healthy metabolism, meaning you will eat all the time, have more natural energy and on top of that you feel really good about yourself. Eating a strict natural diet gives you more control over your life and more energy, which makes you feel motivated to go for a jog etc.

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array delta's Avatar

That's awesome! That's great u stuck to it & did it. It's inspirational to me. Thx for sharing!
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

OMG.

I'm so so so glad I read this post!!!

It has given me a new outlook on...well everything!!!

I'm so so glad to have seen this post!!!

I can't wait to begin with this!!!

I absolutely have NO will power and bread is my MAIN weakness!!!

I've tried SO hard to work with everything...but this is amazing!!!

The doc's have said that I MAY be diabetic and I have high cholestoral.

ANY suggestions??

Any help is greatly apprecaited!!!

I'm proud of you!!!!

_Aida
    ~Nakraju, svi smo sami~

Junior Member Array

Default i can't believe i let this happen AGAIN!!

iamwomen, thanks for the info. this is just want i was looking for.
    about 4 years ago i was successful in my weight loss of 30 lbs. i've since gone through a divorce and made some major life changes. i also have a new "man" friend.
    not all good news....it's been several months since i've been on a scale and really not paying attention to my eating and exercising. yesterday i went out and bought a scale (left mine for the miserable man i left) and was VERY surprised at what i saw. i knew i gained some weight back but WOW...it all came back! so i am looking to start over.
    any help or advice would be appreciated. i am going to the store tonight to start on that new healther food purchase. i'm going to use your post as a guide. i did it before i know i can do it again.
    just for the record...i'm 5'5" and now 187lbs........I'M SO UPSET WITH MYSELF!!!!
    thanks for listening!

Junior Member Array

Wink

i had gone through the same ... I mean I usually over eat when I am depressed .... came to a point that I had weighed the most at 78KG ... after my pity party I finally decided to regain my life. I enrolled myself into a gym and attended RMP classes (indoor cycling, some call it spinning), it has proven to be the most effective & fastest fat burner for me. Within 6 months I lost almost 15kg, and was in my healthiest! I would usually attend 3 or max 4 times a week, but of course I have REDUCED (still eat some time to time) sweets, cant resist! and had to learn to eat more fruits & veggies.

U might want to try RPM, its a great energy booster as well, the adrenaline rush you feel after is just super

all the best
    Derek: Are you sure you're ready?
    Meredith: I'm leaning into the fear to get a happy ending.
    Derek: I don't even know what that means...

~Grey's Anatomy~

Junior Member Array

This sounds very good, im gonna try it out.
    Thanks !

Junior Member Array

iamwoman,
    I just joined the club and am extremely inspired by your posting. I weigh 285lbs. I gained this weight over the course of 25-26 years. When I met my boyfriend who eventually became my husband, I stopped running, exercising, and basicly lost myself. I became what and who he wanted. I was outgoing and active, he is a stay at home. So this is what I became. I still have him but must get rid of the weight. Whe we met, I weighted 130-140, now I'm 145-155 lbs heavier. I have diabetes, high chlosterol, hypertension, hyperthyroidism, etc, etc. I am going to try your plan. However, I know when I start working out, he is going to get jealous. Any suggestions?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast