Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hair styles for curly hair

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Hair styles for curly hair

I honestly hate my curly hair. I straighten it nearly every day simply because it looks better. I know that straightening it every day isn't very good for it, but I really don't like wearing my hair un-straightened outside of my house. I want to wear my hair natural some days simply so it's not as damaging and also so I don't have to worry as much about getting it done. The only problem is, my hair is currently in layers and any style I do with it, some of it won't stay or it doesn't look good. So, I'm bascially asking if anyone knows any styles I can do with my hair without a)making me look older than what I am, b)I don't need to straighten my hair and c) is easy to do and looks cute.

Thank you so much!

• A braidout if your hair is not too long. My wife is a hair enthusiast. She hasn't put heat or chemicals to her hair for 8-9 years. I love her hair. She watches videos online to get ideas. I don't know all the sites, but I know YouTube has a lot. Her hair is very long now (she showed me the other night that it goes down to the base of her spine) but when it was shorter my favorite was the braidout. She'd braid it into tight braids, leave it braided for a day or overnight, then let it out and shape it the next day. It was absolutely beatiful. I'm always happy to see curly-haired people (especially women) natural. I see it more and more. People are getting away from the idea that they need to look like something other than what God made them. Go Cheyenne!
    "Those sowing seed with tears
    Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

• If you also has the curly hair, then I know your pain how it feels like to have a curly hairs. My friend is also goes from the same situate, she really don’t know what to do with her curly hairs. But I suggest her some hair styles which she love to do for her curly hairs. I am suggesting you some hair styles which you can make on your curly hairs.
      • Messy Topknot
      • Corset French Braid
      • French Braided with low ponytail
      • Half lob
      • Twisted maiden Braids

Comment

• Those hairstyles are always gorgeous, Anya Joe. I LOVE having my own hair up in such do's. I am actually having my hair cut next week: it won't be shorter than shoulder length, though. I may have layers cut in [subtle: not an 80's throwback]. I also wash my hair daily: I know I shouldn't, but it gets so greasy, so quickly. It's a royal pain.

Anyhow, brilliant hairstyle ideas!

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to AC7

Funnily enough, I bought peanut butter from the supermarket yesterday! I had a peanut butter sandwich this morning: delicious. I wouldn't attempt to make...

Today, 05:51 AM By Popcorn&Candy
        • Reply to I dont trust Mother

I can understand your feelings about your brother: he should've known better than to take and squander your mother's money. Because - as you know - he...

Today, 05:48 AM By Popcorn&Candy
        • Reply to So nervous about my first pap smear

I second Ashlee T's post.

It'll be over before you know it and will be painless. You could talk to the nurse doing the pap smear and tell...

Today, 05:40 AM By Popcorn&Candy
        • Reply to What kind of music do you listen to?

I am definitely a pop princess when it comes to music! I love Kylie, Sophie Ellis-Bextor, Girls Aloud, Sugababes, The Pussycat Dolls. As you can tell,...

Today, 05:34 AM By Popcorn&Candy
        • Reply to hello all

Welcome back, Olympia!

Today, 05:32 AM By Popcorn&Candy

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
        X