• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanna curls

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by amy40 View Post

I was the same way in my 20's but as one gets older, other's opinions of you matter less

are you asking for opinions because you are a hair stylist?
    are you working as one now?
    Nope, I am not a hair stylist. I asked just for myself.
    If it's not a secret, what was your craziest experiment with your hair?

Comment

Originally posted by atskitty2 View Post
      I have been going to a professional, off and on, since my 20's, so around 20 years. I have gone through many styles and stylists in those years, and some better than others. I have tried some home color and highlighting, but I always wind up back with a pro stylist. There is nothing to substitute for what they can do, and I always think anything less than a good cut is just looking silly for me. I am currently coloring it myself, no highlights. But I used the color recommended and techniques encouraged by my stylist. I trust her.

The thing is, a good stylist that gets to know you and looks at you as a whole, will help you achieve the look you want. I've been with my current girl for about 3 yrs.

When I was in college, and had more limited funds, I went to a beauty school occasionally. I only had 1 bad experience there, but the instructor stepped in to correct what the student messed up and I wound up being thrilled with the service.

Maybe I am unusual or spoiled. I guess I thought everyone had regular cuts and trims, and a regular barber or stylist they went to.
      Understood If honest, after your comment I began to think about going to the professional stylist. Who knows, maybe with him/her I'll look perfect?haha

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLarson View Post

Nope, I am not a hair stylist.
        then why does your profile say I am a hair stylist
        and your occupation says hairdresser?

maybe you are in training?

Comment

I always prefer curlers for my hair because my hair was getting damaged for using heat on them every single time. But after I manage them to get back to the softer and shinier form they are good now.
          Last edited by jns; 11-06-2017, 01:41 AM. Reason: Outbound links are not allowed.

Comment

then why does your profile say I am a hair stylist
            and your occupation says hairdresser?

maybe you are in training?
            Ha ha Because on forums I don't like to write my real occupation. I guess it is boring. That's why I invent every time something, what seems to me can be interesting. Sorry that I made you confused. I dindn't tend anything bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Veronica Hudson View Post
              I always prefer curlers for my hair because my hair was getting damaged for using heat on them every single time. But after I manage them to get back to the softer and shinier form they are good now.
              And now you don't curl at all?

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLarson View Post
                Wow! purple :O You are courageous.
                buying it today and putting it on the day before Thanksgiving
                can't wait to see expression on family faces, should be fun

Comment

buying it today and putting it on the day before Thanksgiving
                  can't wait to see expression on family faces, should be fun
                  Ha ha Don't forget to take a picture of their faces or even better the video

Comment

Working...
                  X