Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do You Love Your Nails?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Do You Love Your Nails?

I do! I am always painting them. I also have always filed and cleaned them with soap & a nail brush. I was chopping onions Saturday, so used the nail brush and soap. Having onions underneath your nails is disgusting.

Anyhow, I also always use hand cream. As for colours I choose: I love reds, pinks, iridescent metallics, purples. I love all the colours of the rainbow on my nails.

Over to you!

• Any thoughts?

Comment

• I love my nails, of course. They're much more brittle these days, so they aren't as pretty natural, but i still love my natural look. I do polish occasionally, usually a neutral shade.

Comment

• My partner always has amazing nails and always gets compliments on them

Comment

• Won't let me post some of her pics

Comment

• Yeah i loved my nails. I try many different types of nail art designs to look beautiful.

Comment

• Nail art is fabulous, isn't it, Anya Joe? Nails are a great source of pride for many people. I would encourage anyone to at least shape and clean their nails. They don't always need to be polished, but manicured nails are a sign of vanity and pride, which are good attributes for a person to have: whether male or female.

Comment

• Unfortunately for the past year, one or more of the medications I've been taking has caused some hair loss and my nails have become very brittle and crack, snap and break off. I'm not happy.
                That which we forget may as well never really happened.

Comment

• That's awful, Claret. Having poor fingers does make you unhappy. My grandmother got given a nail treatment set. Perhaps you could use such a product? You don't paint your nails but you do use a cream and special nourishing nail polish/treatment. Plus, diet could also help with your nails.

I don't know offhand where to buy a nail treatment set, but Boots or Superdrug may be your best bet.

Comment

• I'm trying everything, right now they are growing somewhat normally and I hope that soon, I'll be able to go for a proper manicure.
                    That which we forget may as well never really happened.

Comment

• What have you done to improve yours Claret? Mine are so brittle, one broke last week from merely poking a plastic bag. They've never been this bad. They are thick and grow, but they just crack and flake and chip terribly. I tried supplements, and that didn't help.

Comment

• I have given myself a manicure this early evening: I have filed down and cleaned my nails. I have applied a silver glitter nail polish. My nails look gorgeous. I do enjoy my vanity. I am lucky to have strong, healthy nails. Perhaps this is due to my healthy diet.

I also take care of my hands. I do this by moisturising them daily and having skin treatments when they're sore. For instance, I use a cream my doctor prescribed me for a mild skin condition. I also take care of my hands by using rubber gloves when cleaning. Just the usual tips.

I feel blessed to always have beautiful, manicured nails. My sister has the same. Although, she does have them longer than mine and she has them professionally painted at a salon. Still, we're one of a kind [my sister and I].

Nails are my passion.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to What Is Your Favourite Perfume?

I like a light scent, nothing over powering and usually a natural smell, like a floral. I do have a bottle of a Calvin Klein fragrance, I think it is....

Today, 06:36 PM By atskitty2
                        • Reply to Eyebrows!

I groom my brows. I pluck to maintain a nice, clean shape, then fill in some thinning areas with a powder or pencil. That's about it. Color matching is...

Today, 06:33 PM By atskitty2
                        • Reply to Birth Control / Migraines, etc.

Who is to say that your mother/sisters/grandmother and whoever else suffers from migraines don't ALSO have food allergies or food intolerances? Those...

Today, 09:56 AM By Ashlee T.
                        • Reply to Birth Control / Migraines, etc.

Thanks Ashlee! It's funny you mention that because I actually have SIBO and have been trying to address food issues to see what might be the culprit....

Today, 08:22 AM By lp84
                        • Reply to Any remedy to kill cramps during periods?

Hi jehand. I have removed the link in your post. Outbound linking is not permitted here.

Have you been checked for uterine fibroids? My...

Today, 08:00 AM By Ashlee T.

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• What Is Your Favourite Perfume?

Mine is Clinique Happy.

Over to you!

Today, 05:50 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                        • Eyebrows!

What's YOUR style? Bold and full? Thin and groomed? I keep mine the latter. Still, full brows look fabulous on many women and I love the eyebrow makeup/grooming...

Today, 05:47 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                        • Birth Control / Migraines, etc.

Hi Guys!

Wondering if I can get some advice here. I was on Yasmin for years and about a year ago switched to Lo Loestrin because my...

Yesterday, 09:59 AM By lp84
                        • Any remedy to kill cramps during periods?

I’m 22 years old, and my cramps have always been very bad to the point that I throw up and miss school or practice. Is something wrong with me, because...

Yesterday, 05:40 AM By jehand
                        • Do You Love Ireland?

I fell in love with Ireland years and years ago. It is a magical place and I have such nostalgia when I think of my times there.

If you ever...

Today, 05:32 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                        Working...
                        X