• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what's your view about luxuries?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gilmoregirl View Post
    I own a couple of luxury watches, but I have to admit that I didn't have to buy them..all heirlooms. Still, I'd like to have more of them in order to complete certain collections. Some chronographs are real rarities, too.
    Another rarity I forgot to mention in this context is the 1900s MINUTE REPEATER CHRONOGRAPH, solid and still working, one of my favorites.
    Last edited by KMonte85; 12-06-2011, 09:24 AM. Reason: removed outbound link

Comment

I'm quite reasonable when it comes to spending money on clothes and luxuries. I buy what I need and not what I want. I don't see the point in having a designer label on all my clothes.

Yes I like nice clothes and nice things, but that doesn't mean I'd spend a fortune on getting them. I'd splash out a little more on a dress for a special occasion or something like that but I'd make sure it would be something I would wear again and not just throw it to the back of my wardrobe.

Even if I had loads of money to buy fancy things, I don't think I would.

For some reason I think that spending large amounts on money on luxuries is a way for some people to compensating for missing happiness in their life.
      Live Like There's No Tomorrow, Laugh Until The Pain Goes Away, And Love Like Nothing Else In The World Matters.♥.

Comment

Sometimes the buzz is worth spending a bit more than you can really afford! Don't bankrupt yourself though...

Comment

If we're talking designer stuff, I don't think I own any. 1.) I'm simple. 2.) I'm cheap 3.) There's more important things my money needs to go towards...like bills.

I don't mind "knock-offs." If you can get something you like the look of for $20 instead of $800, why would you not do it? Even if the quality isn't great, you could buy 40 replacements (I don't think anything made has quality that poor). Someone said they'd rather pay the for the original idea... Still hard for me to see where 2gs went into a purse the size of my kitten. They're narrowing their market by pricing stuff like that--so who can blame people who can't afford it purchasing the knock-offs?

To me, my "luxury" is my car. Even though it needs a grand worth of work...it's 10 years old, the exhaust could wake the dead, and I sort of NEED it to get to work...I'm lucky I have it!

Comment

Luxurious thing of course i have the collection of tops like Armani and ed hardy, I love the quality and fabric of branded products....

Comment

Luxuries are the favorite of every person but the main thing is that everyone person don't have equal money, So they have but according to their budget.

I love luxury cars but I don't have any.
              Last edited by shreyomega; 06-05-2013, 02:24 AM.

Comment

I think this is best.

Comment

I love buying luxuries! Around my birthday and Christmas I will treat myself. Handbags and earrings are my weaknesses. I always wear jewellery. To me, that is part of my personal style. I will spend on earrings, rings and necklaces. I buy quality handbags. I wouldn't spend all my money for the sake of it - I have a budget - but I do enjoy having money. To treat oneself is what life is about. You've only got one life, so why be a scrooge?

Comment

That was my bridal dress. I bought the most expensive dress at my wedding. I am really not much into clothing and all. Usually I prefer cheap cloths but I bought expensive dress on my wedding. I thought it was worth it. I love my husband. I love to spend money for him and on him as well. We have two kids now. I love my family.

Comment

I'm glad for you, Pheobe412. I don't yet have my own family, but I do care about my childhood family. They've been there through thick & thin. I am incredibly loyal, as I'll always be. Anyhow, a wedding is a truly special day and you must've looked wonderful in your wedding dress. Splashing out on a beautiful gown is always worth it. As for other luxuries, what would you buy/or have bought?

Comment

Originally posted by gilmoregirl View Post
                        even though I like luxuries, I think there is some truth in the saying that "in the future, people who need only a few things, will enjoy their lives the most" (it's might be an awkward translation, since it's from a German friend). After all, people should make their personalities luxuries - rather than their cars, or clothes. That's what it means to me.
                        we have two meanings of Luxury :
                        -An inessential, desirable item which is expensive or difficult to obtain .
                        - something adding to pleasure or comfort but not absolutely necessary ....one of life'sluxuries .
                        My question is what we need this luxury to live happy! Yesterday, j bought this article with a reasonable price and which meets my needs ..

Thanks !
                        Last edited by jns; 03-08-2018, 05:23 PM. Reason: Outbound links are not allowed.

Comment

I also like skincare products, which are luxurious. I treat myself every night to a L'Oreal face cream. It is expensive, but leaves my skin so soft & gorgeous. I use other luxury skincare products, too. I love Imperial leather soap. As for fashion luxuries: as I may have mentioned I have a weakness for handbags, so they are my go-to. I am always treating myself to nice things: that is my way.

Comment

I like during this season the printed dresses, the accessories but before any that to have a soft skin...
                            Last edited by jns; 03-12-2018, 10:20 AM. Reason: Outbound links are not allowed.

Comment

luxuries are self made. You can live your life in peace too

Comment

Working...
                              X