• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to be comfortable in heels

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to be comfortable in heels

This might sound weird, but I'm almost 30 and don't know how to walk in heels....

I've always loved fashion and I have my own style, but sometimes the outfits I want to wear look better in heels. I have heels.. plenty of them actually; but I'm always scared I'll twist my ankle or be very uncomfortable. So I end up sticking to the flats/sneakers/sandals. I have cute heels and I want to wear them... but I sometimes feel I might be over dressed in heels.

thoughts, suggestions are greatly appreciated...please.

The trick is to wear them until you are comfortable in them. Heels look great and elongate your legs, thrust your hips out, put a curve in your back and are not terribly good for you BUT - DMN they look great. Just put them on and practice walking around, lots. You'll get used to them in a short while. Even models 6' and over wear heels.

Comment

If you are worried about being too uncomfortable in them, keep a pair of flat shoes in your handbag/under your car seat in case you want to change out of them. You can also buy little gel pads which prevent sore feet.

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow. - Mary Anne Radmacher

Comment

Heels can be very uncomfortable, it's tough to find a pair that are actually decent to stand/walk in for long periods of time.

Your best bet is to wear them around the house for a week or so while you're doing your daily "stuff" - it helps to break the shoes in so they are fitted to your feet better, and it helps you to get comfortable walking in them. If you can walk up and down the stairs with a load of laundry in heels, it will soon be like second nature having them on.

Also, take LC's advice and do the pads and bring flats with you in your purse. I do this and it can be a lifesaver.
        Most of the shadows of this life are caused by our standing in our own sunshine.
        Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

I would definitely recommend what KM said... Wear them around the house for a week. All in all though, after a couple of weeks you do get used to them. I wear heels every day during the week except the blessed Friday casual dress day and now, honestly, they are just like any other shoe. Make sure you get the right size and carry around moleskin and bandaids in your purse for a good week or two.
          Friendship Prayer
          May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.
          Amen

Whoever said anything was possible obviously never tried slamming a revolving door.

Comment

thanks so much for the advice

Comment

Feet weren't designed with heels in mind, so if you've gone this long without wearing them why start now?

There can be a very high price to pay for "fashion".

Comment

Originally posted by Seeker_Advice View Post
                Feet weren't designed with heels in mind, so if you've gone this long without wearing them why start now?

There can be a very high price to pay for "fashion".
                Every time a member comes here asking for advice on wearing or purchasing heels, someone feels this comment (or some variation thereof) needs to be brought up. The OP is not asking if she should wear heels or not. She already owns heels, she loves heels, she wants to wear them and is asking how to be comfortable wearing them.
                Most of the shadows of this life are caused by our standing in our own sunshine.
                Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Well, I think in order to look good the most important thing is to feel good in your clothes. Then everybody looks great. So if you don't feel right in heels - just forget them. I also do not wear any...at the moment flat shoes are by far more fashionable anyway !!!

Comment

I am not comfortable in high heels and i would like to wear little bit flat heels.

Comment

I love wearing heels myself, but I can understand not wanting to be in them for long periods of time or being uncomfortable. I defiently back up what KM says. Wear them around the house for a while and if you have a house with a cement driveway, try walking in a pair of heels to your mailbox (if it's at the end of the driveway or away from the house) and see how you feel. I don't recomend wearing heels in gravel if you're not used to them or there's a bigger chance of falling. And always have a pair of back-up shoes of flats or sneakers just in case. I normally don't do this, but if it helps a lot if you're not a normal heel wearer. And when you are wearing shoes around the house, if a pair pinches or rubs your feet the wrong way, don't wear them anymore. You may be doing yourself more harm then good.

Comment

I love heels. I wear it as much as can. I think, that I feel more comfortable in heel than in some other footwear.

Comment

I use those gel things you can get to put in your heels and they really seem to work. I think it just takes a bit of practice to actually able to walk in heels though.

Comment

Heels have been associated with the terms unpleasant and agonizing, but they definitely never have to be! If you select the right heels and the appropriate ones that perform for you, you can move around in heels all day and experience as though you are going for walks around in shoes.

Comment

Actually my wife loves wearing heels and she also met that problem. But we go at the mall we go in shoe store and find something useful that her feet wont get hurt again because of the heels. That's why i suggest that you must go at the mall and ask a saleslady they know about what you are looking for. They will give want you want.
                              “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”

― Mae West

Comment

Working...
                              X