• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse

April Poster of the Month!

Please welcome us in congratulating long time member, Stillness for being our April Poster of the Month!!
See more
See less

speaking of fashion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speaking of fashion

how often do you change your hairstyle?

I tend to grow it out, then chop it off, and repeat. I've been blonde all my life tho. Tried a brown once but I just am a blonde. I'm getting the urge to do the big chop again. It's nearly halfway down my back now, and that's usually when I start wanting it cut. Usually go from one extreme to another-super long to super short, every two or 3 yrs.

I get regular trims and professional coloring. I enjoy it. I like playing with styles. Even when long, I like changing the style a bit. Bangs, no bangs. Wavy or curly or straight, which is my natural.

Comment

Pretty much never. LOL! I have long layered. naturally wavy auburn/brown hair. Sometimes I wear it straight, sometimes wavy, sometimes in an updo. But in terms of changing the actual hair cut, I pretty much don't. I usually get a professional trim every couple months. I tried bangs once, but they don't see to work well with wavy hair.
      "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

Every 1-2 years and its usually an extreme change. I've had pixie cuts to long wavy Zooey Deschanel hair. I like trying different things. I just never color it. I love my hair color, never wanted anything else. Now I'm letting it gray naturally.
        Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose - Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster (sung by Janis Joplin)

Comment

Originally posted by DreamP346 View Post
          Now I'm letting it gray naturally.
          That's cool.

I just grew my beard out a bit when I was sick for a few days and I was surprised at how much gray was in it - more than anywhere else.

I get my hair cut every two to three weeks. I'm never really satisfied. It's not what I want. I know it's not what my wife wants. We'd both like it longer all over my head, but I want to have a clean cut look.

I've had a taper or a fade for nearly my whole life. I rocked a bald head with a beard for about a year. That was fun.
          "Those sowing seed with tears
          Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

Originally posted by Stillness View Post

That's cool.

I just grew my beard out a bit when I was sick for a few days and I was surprised at how much gray was in it - more than anywhere else.

I get my hair cut every two to three weeks. I'm never really satisfied. It's not what I want. I know it's not what my wife wants. We'd both like it longer all over my head, but I want to have a clean cut look.

I've had a taper or a fade for nearly my whole life. I rocked a bald head with a beard for about a year. That was fun.
            Women never seem to gray these days. I feel there is a pressure to keep hair looking colorful. It is probably a larger cultural bias towards youth in women whereas age is valued in men. I'm fighting that gender double standard by not coloring my hair. I'm determined to look hot and sexy and gray.
            Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose - Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster (sung by Janis Joplin)

Comment

Yeah, there's still a bit of a double standard in that department, but men are getting more and more vain these days too.
              "Those sowing seed with tears
              Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

Not in several decades. I get my hair cut 4 times a year. When I am over in Southeast Asia, I get my hair cut back to a military style brush cut. It grows out three months or so and then my wife cuts it back to a military style brush cut. Both she and I like it short. At 57, I have lost very little hair and still have full coverage.
                I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
                Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

yeah metoo, had it a long time ago

​​​​​​​Jual HT
                  Jual HT Murah
                  Jual HT Motorola
                  Jual Handy Talky
                  Jual Rig Radio

Comment

I have my hair trimmed once a year but I prefer long hair. I love having updo's, such as ponytails, buns and plaits. I also love hair clips and scrunchies. I love braids but would rather the hairdresser styled my hair like that. I wash my hair daily. I love having long dark brown hair.

Comment

I usually keep my hair long. The one time I tried cut it short, it looks horrible on me. So I usually play around with my hairstyles like doing ponytails or braids.

Comment

I love to change my hairstyle more frequent as much as possible. Even in my office I change my hairstyle more than 6 time during the entire time.

Comment

I often change my hair style is twice a year, either change in color and hair cut with a new hairstyle.

Comment

I usually stick to a shoulder length bob but get it chopped every so often, just for a change.
                            I'm naturally blonde but had various colour changes in my youth but decided a couple of years ago to stop dyeing it and allow it to be whatever it is..... and that appears to be grey hahaha. I'm now embracing my own natural highlights.

Comment

Working...
                            X