• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Women's clothes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd say clothes shopping online is your best bet. Just be opened to new styles and fits. Only wear what you're comfortable wearing: this includes shoes. Make sure the clothes fit well and aren't baggy. Avoid wearing black too often. You don't have to go neon, but adding a splash of colour always looks stylish. Add colour with a handbag, top or shoes. I do hope I've helped!

Comment

Originally posted by Popcorn&Candy View Post
      I'd say clothes shopping online is your best bet.
      curious, for those who shop online, how in the world do you know if the item will fit right AND look good on you?

in store, it takes lots of trying on and getting an opinion before I buy something to wear
      if I don't absolutely love it on me, won't be buying it

will never be an online shopper for clothes or shoes
      plus I need to feel the material .....I touch all the clothes in the store; like soft feeling clothes, even my jeans are soft

Comment

Originally posted by amy40 View Post

curious, for those who shop online, how in the world do you know if the item will fit right AND look good on you?

in store, it takes lots of trying on and getting an opinion before I buy something to wear
        if I don't absolutely love it on me, won't be buying it

will never be an online shopper for clothes or shoes
        plus I need to feel the material .....I touch all the clothes in the store; like soft feeling clothes, even my jeans are soft
        Although I have not shopped for women's clothes ( I leave that to my wife), I have shopped for clothes and shoes online. I usually buy what I have sized in the store although I have bought suit pants without sizing them since the sizing is standard for them and I had to take them to a tailor for fitting anyways.
        I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
        Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

I don't buy a lot online either. I enjoy the process of store shopping also, feeling the texture and seeing the color against my skin.

Online: Generally, there are cuts and styles that I know I don't like. Certain fabrics don't lay well, etc. I shop online on impulse typically, and has generally been less than favorite purchases. I don't think I bought anything online in a year, other than undies from Victoria's Secret. Those are always best online, better selection and my size is always the same.

Comment

You've made a good point amy40! I do see what you mean. I suppose shopping online is risky because you just do not know the exact sizing of items, due to - sometimes - dodgy charts. This is why I don't shop online, except for Bravissimo. However, a lot of people hate going into clothes shops, so I assume they accept risks with online shopping.

Comment

Originally posted by Popcorn&Candy View Post
              I suppose shopping online is risky
              Even shopping by phone is risky! Occasionally, I'll call to order an item from a kid's catalog. Sizing is not a problem as long as child is not between sizes. Last time I ordered, the catalog no longer said if items were machine wash or not. I only buy items that are machine wash. Before I ordered, asked if the person could look it up. She looked and said it was MW. Started to order but then I asked "are you sure the item is machine washable?" She said "yes."

Got the item. It is not machine washable. So clerk on phone lied to me, not once but twice! The last two catalogs have gone straight to recycle box.

Comment

Working...
              X