Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Modeling

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Jessa1998
    replied
    Originally posted by Popcorn&Candy View Post
    How long have you been interested in being a model? Obviously, you need height and long legs. Plus, you need to be photogenic. But if you've got those qualities you've every chance in being a successful model. But there is a lot of competition. Have you got anything that makes you stand out? When making your portfolio, I would get shots of you in different angles and makeup. You need to be able to look different in every photo. You should not have to pay for your portfolio, by the way: at least, I am fairly sure of this. I would check this out, just to be sure. I would approach a reputable modelling agency and refuse to do any exposing shots: you do not need that kind of photo for a portfolio. I know this is obvious, but it is best to be cautious. I'd also go to as many photo shoots as you can. It will be hard but good luck.
    Thanks for the suggestions!!!

Leave a comment:

• Jessa1998
    replied
    Originally posted by jns View Post
    Your pic looks like that of a typical model, but then, you said it was a modelling shot. Modelling is not an easy pursuit. Do you want to pursue it?
    I do want to and I am trying really hard already. I've done shoots w/ 5 photogs I met online so far plus one I met at the mall.

Leave a comment:

• Jessa1998
    replied
    Originally posted by amy40 View Post
    Jessa, did see your pic but didn't have time to comment then
    forgot your questions but am wondering how tall you are; it's possible you are taller than you looked to me

for the type of modeling you're interested in, do you meet the height required?
    I am interested in almost any kind of modeling... I'm not tall enough for real fashion modeling tho.... I'm only 5'7.

Leave a comment:

• Popcorn&Candy
    replied
    How long have you been interested in being a model? Obviously, you need height and long legs. Plus, you need to be photogenic. But if you've got those qualities you've every chance in being a successful model. But there is a lot of competition. Have you got anything that makes you stand out? When making your portfolio, I would get shots of you in different angles and makeup. You need to be able to look different in every photo. You should not have to pay for your portfolio, by the way: at least, I am fairly sure of this. I would check this out, just to be sure. I would approach a reputable modelling agency and refuse to do any exposing shots: you do not need that kind of photo for a portfolio. I know this is obvious, but it is best to be cautious. I'd also go to as many photo shoots as you can. It will be hard but good luck.

Leave a comment:

• jns
    replied
    Your pic looks like that of a typical model, but then, you said it was a modelling shot. Modelling is not an easy pursuit. Do you want to pursue it?

Leave a comment:

• amy40
    replied
    Jessa, did see your pic but didn't have time to comment then
    forgot your questions but am wondering how tall you are; it's possible you are taller than you looked to me

for the type of modeling you're interested in, do you meet the height required?

Leave a comment:

• Claret
    replied
    Because I have a warped sense of humour... glad you are here and happy we could help you out.

Leave a comment:

• Jessa1998
    started a topic Modeling

Modeling

Oh never mind.

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Do You Believe In Kindred Spirits, Soulmates, And Twin Flames? - Discuss!

We hear a lot of talk about finding a soulmate, but did you know there are kindred spirits and twin flames out there also? Maybe you have met yours?...

10-15-2019, 08:43 AM By Alison H.
  • Nice to meet you!

My name's Eileen. It will take awhile before I'm able to find my way around here.

10-15-2019, 02:25 AM By EileenFrazier
  • Hi :)

I am Kayla. I am New Member of this form. I am happy to be a part of this forum.

10-15-2019, 02:22 AM By KaylaGarcia
  • Hello All

Hi everyone,
    I'm quite happy to have found a forum that hopefully will give plenty of advice and insight on all sorts of womanly things; and maybe...

10-15-2019, 02:15 AM By ConnieBlake
  • Hello Everyone

Well my name is Misa. I'm 29 and I'm from New York. I'm a mother to two beautiful little girls and soon a baby boy. I have been married to my husband...

10-15-2019, 01:58 AM By JackMaxwell
Working...
X