Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Modeling

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Modeling

Oh never mind.

• Because I have a warped sense of humour... glad you are here and happy we could help you out.
    That which we forget may as well never really happened.

Comment

• Jessa, did see your pic but didn't have time to comment then
      forgot your questions but am wondering how tall you are; it's possible you are taller than you looked to me

for the type of modeling you're interested in, do you meet the height required?

Comment

• Your pic looks like that of a typical model, but then, you said it was a modelling shot. Modelling is not an easy pursuit. Do you want to pursue it?
        I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
        Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• How long have you been interested in being a model? Obviously, you need height and long legs. Plus, you need to be photogenic. But if you've got those qualities you've every chance in being a successful model. But there is a lot of competition. Have you got anything that makes you stand out? When making your portfolio, I would get shots of you in different angles and makeup. You need to be able to look different in every photo. You should not have to pay for your portfolio, by the way: at least, I am fairly sure of this. I would check this out, just to be sure. I would approach a reputable modelling agency and refuse to do any exposing shots: you do not need that kind of photo for a portfolio. I know this is obvious, but it is best to be cautious. I'd also go to as many photo shoots as you can. It will be hard but good luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by amy40 View Post
            Jessa, did see your pic but didn't have time to comment then
            forgot your questions but am wondering how tall you are; it's possible you are taller than you looked to me

for the type of modeling you're interested in, do you meet the height required?
            I am interested in almost any kind of modeling... I'm not tall enough for real fashion modeling tho.... I'm only 5'7.

Comment

• Originally posted by jns View Post
              Your pic looks like that of a typical model, but then, you said it was a modelling shot. Modelling is not an easy pursuit. Do you want to pursue it?
              I do want to and I am trying really hard already. I've done shoots w/ 5 photogs I met online so far plus one I met at the mall.

Comment

• Originally posted by Popcorn&Candy View Post
                How long have you been interested in being a model? Obviously, you need height and long legs. Plus, you need to be photogenic. But if you've got those qualities you've every chance in being a successful model. But there is a lot of competition. Have you got anything that makes you stand out? When making your portfolio, I would get shots of you in different angles and makeup. You need to be able to look different in every photo. You should not have to pay for your portfolio, by the way: at least, I am fairly sure of this. I would check this out, just to be sure. I would approach a reputable modelling agency and refuse to do any exposing shots: you do not need that kind of photo for a portfolio. I know this is obvious, but it is best to be cautious. I'd also go to as many photo shoots as you can. It will be hard but good luck.
                Thanks for the suggestions!!!

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Career Mom Guilt Is Real. Have You Ever Experienced It? - Let's Discuss!

Mom guilt is real! I love my profession and I love being a mom, but sometimes balancing the two can leave us moms feeling less than enough in both....

Today, 10:46 AM By Rebecca Z.
                • Pain Management

Dear All,

I am Tim and new to this forum. I really like guiding people on various topics so if you have any advise for me or want an advice...

Yesterday, 04:33 AM By Timf
                • Abominable Film

I went to see this at the cinema with my sister and was blown away: by the quality of the film, the special effects, the storyline. Definitely one of...

10-20-2019, 04:48 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                • Reply to Healthcare Apps

That sounds like a really good idea, Anya Joe. Keeping track of the calories you're burning must work. To me, I wouldn't use such a device myself, but...

10-20-2019, 04:41 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                • Reply to Hello All

Hi, ConnieBlake. I am a regular member on here and look forward to offering you any advice you might need.

There're loads of people with...

10-20-2019, 04:38 AM By Popcorn&Candy

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                X