Do girls know 70-80% of their leggings are see through?

Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do girls know 70-80% of their leggings are see through?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Do girls know 70-80% of their leggings are see through?

I come from south UK, and as a lady in her 20s the fashion hitting this area is starting to baffle me a little. Wearing leggings is one thing and thats fine, but most wear them now without a long t shirt, and alas most the time its as though they are walking around with their thong only or their pants, and that isn't even when light is shining on the offending area. Some points they bend over or are on their knees doing something, this is when i started to notice this trend by the way, a lady who worked at a local cafe was writing a sigh board for outside whilst on her knees and..well leaning forward, me and a few customers looked too see what she was writing and we noticed nothing but bum and thong and immediately forgot about what she was writing, legit her skin tone was starting to prevail and she was thin and hardly stretching the material! teen boy next to me was acting like it was normal. This became more and more frequent over the last year, more girls are appearing with near total see through leggings and they are not even big girls.

I am finding this amusing if anything its letting me know what underwear is in fashion! lol The question is, do the girls know they are see through? it seems quite common knowledge now

• I would say that most women wearing such leggings know that they are partially see through.
    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• I didn't know. Thank you for telling us!
      Suggested reading: Josette Sona's free book "Woman to Women"

Comment

• I steer well clear of such clothing. I hate leggings and T-Shirts with a passion. I won't wear jeans anymore, either. It looks tacky and just awful: whether see-through or not.

Some fashions should be put in the bin.

Comment

• I believe most do know that it's see-through because most women own a mirror or if not someone walking with them or a friend will have told them and if they still don't go home to change then they prefer it that way. I am in my thirties and I am into style, not fashion, ( fashion is for everyone, style is personal). However, I believe what you wear actually gives a perspective of your personality and what message you are trying to send across. Some feel they will get the attention, others feel showing skin or body parts will make them look more attractive and that is their opinion. There is a place for every type of clothing, you can't wear that to the bank or if ever to a formal function. Nevertheless, how you see yourself will impact what you wear. I believe you are as gorgeous as you think you are. You could wear the most see-through clothing and still be self-conscious about being attractive and yet you could wear a nice jumpsuit and a clutch bag and be the most beautiful woman in the room. I totally believe you can be attractive without advertising your body.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
          X