• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse

Vote on the New WH Logo! We need YOUR help!

Everyone, we need YOUR help! Take a moment to cast your vote on the new WH logo! Vote Here!
See more
See less

dress for me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dress for me

Tell me please what style of dress and from what fabric will suit me if my hips are wider than the shoulders? My height is low

There is no way for us to tell what would look good on you, but I'd think something with a nice drape from shoulder to hem might bring peoples eyes from the top to the bottom in one swoop without seeing a break in the hips. This would elongate you line somewhat and fool the eye. The best thing to do is try on dresses until you find one that you like.
    Last edited by Claret; 06-05-2018, 08:55 AM.

Comment

There are all sorts of suggestions by fashion experts on dressing to body shapes, but I think the importance should be placed on wearing what you love, what you feel great in. That produces a confidence that shines through any fashion choice.

That being said, if you're wanting to balance your shape, look for something that has the emphasis on top, to draw the eye upward, and balance your look a little. If you have a small waist, choose smth that fits more snug there, and flows through the hip.

Try on different styles, find what speaks to you and makes you wanna look in the mirror.
      Happy shopping!

Comment

i prefer short dress

Comment

I agree with both atskitty2 and Claret. Definitely try on the dresses before buying and just see what flatters your shape. Don't forget, many women have your body type and so fashion does cater for them and yourself. But it is still very important you try before you buy.

Comment

very nice to read and participate in the forum discussion! No one condemns, everyone is just kindly giving good advice. I just have a similar figure, as described by the author and I understand him)

Comment

Funnily enough, I wore one of my dresses yesterday: I really love that dress. I love buying dresses from charity shops: weird but true! There are loads of gorgeous styles and I definitely experiment these days with my look. I love skirts, too. I love fashion and beauty 100%.

Comment

Hey, you can wear jeans, short dresses.

Comment

You can wear whatever kind of dress you want, just try to keep it above your knees.

Comment

I agree, Haileywilson.

Comment

Working...
                    X