Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hair loss

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• hair loss

^ How to prevent it?

• As far as I am concerned, there are two reasons.

1. Hereditary which you can't change other than use new technology to help delay it.

2. Stress.. People turn white overnight, or lose hair from stress so de-stress... Try Yoga, Meditation, deep breathing, believing...and non chemical products....

That's my opinion.

CW
    PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• i have same problem

Comment

• Please do try this:
        Work the mayonnaise into your hair, starting by massaging it into the scalp and roots. Then draw it through to your ends until your hair is thoroughly coated. Pile the hair on top of your head. Take a couple of feet of saran wrap and wrap it around the top of your head to contain the mayo.
        Take a pre-heated towel from the dryer and wrap it around your head over the saran wrap. The heat will aid with deep conditioning. After about 10 minutes, change to another heated towel and leave that on for another 10 minutes.
        Remove the towel and plastic wrap and shampoo your hair as usual. Done once a month, this cholesterol treatment will keep your hair soft and shiny.
        ** Tip: if your hair ends are very damaged from chemical treatment, you can do this once a week. If your scalp is naturally oily, you might want to only add mayo to the hair ends for weekly treatments.

Comment

• Re:hair loss

Hello Guys,

I am agree with Katey but along with this you should also do some exercise regularly and do not wash your hair with too hot water which makes root of the hair and results in a hair fall.

Thanks
          Mark.

Comment

• Before you can even prevent such, you should be checked by a dermatologist and see what your scalp is like. If there is a potential of having some scalp issues, then he/she can tell you what the best practice is.

Soemtimes, hair loss is not the main reason/disease itself, rather a symptom of another ailment. That being sais, if you are experiencing some sort of hair loss, go see a derma or a GP as soon as possible.

Comment

• Diet is a huge thing. Keep proteins up, and eat those veggies!

Also, don't brush or comb hair right after you come out of the shower or bath. Let it dry a bit.

Another thing - certain medications that you are on may cause hair loss. specifically heart medication....

Comment

• Re: hair loss

Hello Guys,

I think depression stress and less healthy food are the main reason for hair fall so if this is related to you then first try to come out from these and take healthy food and do some exercise.

Thanks
                Mark.

Comment

• If its inherited we can't do anything about it.

Comment

• You need to identify the cause. First step.

I had major hair loss from birth control pills, so there are definitely reasons beyond just hereditary and stress. I stopped taking the pills and my hair returned to normal, btw.

I also don't agree that there's nothing we can do if it's hereditary. We can have a predisposition to a LOT of things based on our genes: obesity, cancer, depression, hair loss, etc. Certainly doesn't mean we can't take steps in our lives to control or even reverse the effects.

Comment

• frequent washing with mild and none harsh product is a very big help...also make sure that you conditioned your hair to make it soft and tangled free...revitalash hair conditioner is a very good product to try this is what I am using actually very good for your hair and just so natural too.

Comment

• Hello i am new in this forum and would like to share my story with my Hair loss

Iam 42 now and never had thick hair always dry and brittle. At the age of 40 i started loosing hair slowly but surely i needed to do something and i tried shampoo, mayonese and Boitin, it did not work. i wen to the doctor and he told me that it was stress related and that i was depressed and need to take anti depressants, but i didnt feel depressed, not more not less than anybody i know when life gets tough!

So i went to another doctor and he did a blood test and found that i had a underfunction of my thyrod gland and put me on eltrocin. the hair shedding became less and i was happy but everytime stress hit me i started again and my long hair was always in different lenghts as some grew back some fell out, i dont know just looked like a mop;o)

I went on a longer holiday to Johannesburg South Africa to get my stress level down and come back to mother earth. I booked a room at cherry World lodge and stayed there for a month. the host saw me always on my own and started inviting me to parties and company. She then found out why i was here and smiled, which i must say irritated me a lot!!
                        She said i shouldnt worry to much and she gave me a ancient hungarian Hair loss remedy which her family made since centuries. she called it Hay hungarian for Hair.

4 days later after using it my hair stopped shedding completely, i still took my medecin for the underfunction though.
                        I noticed that i didnt have to wash my hair that often but i put it to the dry climate, I have not stopped using it and my hair is shining and much stronger and i do not have to use anything to volume it up even my conditioner consumption has gone down and i only use gliss leave in conditioner which i bought 4 months ago and its not half empty.

I do not know if this is for everybody but surely it is for me

Have a lovely evening

Comment

• indeed there are many causes of hair loss. you have to go to your gp for more medical check and advice. Also hydrate yourself, water deficiency also can cause hair loss so keep that water up

Comment

• I have same problem so I always proffered good quality products like shampoo and conditioner.Thanks

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Superfetation

Is it possible to conceive again while already pregnant? Check out superfetation. Wikipedia has information about a 2017 case.

Today, 01:11 AM By jns
                            • Reply to ***Ladies reaction to men at a nude beach/pool***

The term “business process” is used to describe the organization and structure of interrelated actions of company employees with the only purpose...

Yesterday, 01:51 AM By driiols
                            • Reply to Female pubic hair and sexuality

Last night I didn't notice my g/f hadn't shaved in a while. I wouldn't have noticed if she hadn't of brought it to my attention.

07-19-2019, 06:42 PM By WaveRider
                            • Reply to Have You Ever Let A Guy Cum Inside You? Do You Want To? – Discuss

Very recently my g/f told me that she has girlfriends and has known girlfriends who detested/have detested cum. My g/l loves it with the caveat that many...

07-19-2019, 06:37 PM By WaveRider
                            • Reply to Next revolution(s)

The extreme materialization of ourselves is expressed by locking our Self into only what the senses perceive. This becomes the only reality. As a result...

07-19-2019, 06:25 PM By driiols

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Superfetation

Is it possible to conceive again while already pregnant? Check out superfetation. Wikipedia has information about a 2017 case.

Today, 01:11 AM By jns
                            • Introduction

Hello Everyone!
                              I am new to this forum.

06-27-2019, 04:40 AM By linakhonde
                            • motivation

can't find the "motivation" post of mine so assuming it was started in past year & gone with rest of my last year posts that vanished mysteriously...

07-13-2019, 11:32 AM By amy40
                            • Author To Check Out

Serena Valentino. She has written for Autumn Publishing:

Fairest Of All
                              Mistress Of All Evil
                              Poor Unfortunate Soul
                              The...

07-18-2019, 08:56 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                            • A Woman Of Substance

By Barbara Taylor Bradford. This book was published in 1981 and is still being read today.

I am on the second chapter and am really enjoying...

07-18-2019, 08:50 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                            Working...
                            X