Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it immature to dye your hair blue or get facial peircings at 30?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Is it immature to dye your hair blue or get facial peircings at 30?

I always go back and forth on these issues. I happen to kinda like non conformist looks (I think suicide girls are hot!) My husband see things like this as acting childish, so I was just wondering.
    Dead animals don't equal fashion it equals cruelty

• I suppose it depends on every individuals opinions. I would think colouring your hair in shades of blue, green, pink ect, is a little immature. Facial piercings, I dont see anything wrong with as long as they are tasteful.

Comment

• Facial piercings not really cause some are hot. But not if you have like 6 eyebrow rings on each eyebrow, several lip piercings, a nose one to make you look like a bull (forget the name of that one), countless earrings, the hoops in the actual lobes-terrible look, or anything in the cheeks.

As for hair coloring, yes I would say it does seem a bit immature. I guess it depends on if a person was dying their hair all the time their entire life because then it would be normal to see them in a different shade and I see nothing immature about that.
      There are those who believe that dictionaries should not merely reflect the times but also protect English from the mindless assaults of the trendy.

Comment

• I don't see it as immature, isn't it individuality?

But, I do see the colouring as you trying to be more than an individual, rather hiding from your true self, being bold, outstanding because that is what you want to be so this is the compromise.

I think his comment is purely to try to make you not do it... as he doesn't like it, after all not many blue haired people walking around on this earth

It's ok to be an individual, but you don't have to do that to "stand out"... grow your hair like I said, and see the difference of what you look like in that mirror
        PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• I'd guess that as a middle aged woman I'm too far down the road to actually do it, but I think it's very cool to see some teen or twentysomething guy or girl with striking blue or red hair. I think I see it as a bit courageous and outlandish and sometime wish deep down that i had that the guts to do it too. What's the worst that can happen? It's only hair and the color comes out eventually.
          Who knows, maybe when I'm white-haired and well seasoned I'll toddle my walker out to WalGreens, buy a kit and shock everbody in the nursing home

Oh, piercings.... can be cute and/or interesting on other folks. Not my thing, tho.
          Pat
          Last edited by p3375; 08-06-2010, 04:51 AM. Reason: additional comment

Comment

• It just seems ver normal to me. Many of the other chicks in derby have piercings or different colored hair and lots tattoos (I think sleeves look awesome on chicks) so Idk if it's I'm use to seeing it or we are all immature.
            Dead animals don't equal fashion it equals cruelty

Comment

• ive recently dyed my hair purple and i love it. but being 19 i think it doesnt matter how old you are, if you want to dye your hair luminous green then do it. it makes you who you are theres no point stopping because people say its "immature". its fun and different. just make sure if you have a job they will allow it, dont want to get fired coz your hair is too bright.

Comment

• Originally posted by kizza View Post
                no point stopping because people say its "immature"...
                I think it is purely down to personal opinion. Ive had friends who have coloured their hair different colours, and IMO they were both very immature. One, I no longer speak to, because of her immaturity. She thrived on telling lies to see people fall out. IMO colouring your hair red, or a plum shade is not immature. Blue, Pink, Ect, is a different story. I dont think I could take someone seriously if they were in there late 20s upwards and had shocking pink hair. However, I would not let them know that. I would not treat them differently or voice my opinion on their hair colour, unless I was asked. In which case, I would not lie.

Comment

• I dont think I could take someone seriously if they were in there late 20s upwards and had shocking pink hair.
                  I am the same way. I understand the individuality part but there are also people that do it expecting to be treated a different way, like they are something even more special just because they have an obnoxious hair color and then get furious when people cannot take them seriously.
                  There are those who believe that dictionaries should not merely reflect the times but also protect English from the mindless assaults of the trendy.

Comment

• I can pretty much undestand your style.You say you like strange color hair,piercings,tattoos and sleeves...I've seen that style at a 30 old year woman and it rocks.But you're gonna have to be able to support that kind of style.I mean don;t do it if you have a family or you are about to!Do it if you think that it won't affect your job or personal life...

Now whether it's immature or not...I believe it is a bit immature :/ it shows in my opinion that you are not considering of settling down.So,i'll say that it depends on what stage you are with your life...
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by sallyskellington View Post
                      I always go back and forth on these issues. I happen to kinda like non conformist looks (I think suicide girls are hot!) My husband see things like this as acting childish, so I was just wondering.
                      Sally, question for you, you find Suicide girls hot, yet they are nothing like you're ideal beauty. They are natural, small chested for the most part, most have little bellies and the muffin top. Natural bodies, pretty girls....etc. They look NOTHING like the woman you always post the picture of. Why do you appreciate their natural beauty, but not your own?

Comment

• Wow Detective Sourpuss!! GOOD point!

Comment

• Some people would consider it immature. Should you care ? No.. I think some people are under the impression that you should get those things out of your system before your an adult. But are those really the people you want to be hanging out with. Our teenage years shouldn't be the only time in life we are able to show some independance from the nornal. Unless you have a career that can be affected by it, I say have fun.
                          sigpic☮“I am convinced that the women of the world, united without any regard for national or racial dimensions, can become a most powerful force for international peace and brotherhood.”☮

Comment

• if you are able to carry the look (both the piercing and the hair color) and be comfortable with it then its not your problem. Other people may think its immature, just let them stew (they might be jealous coz they cant do such with aplomb)

Comment

• Sally, question for you, you find Suicide girls hot, yet they are nothing like you're ideal beauty. They are natural, small chested for the most part, most have little bellies and the muffin top. Natural bodies, pretty girls....etc. They look NOTHING like the woman you always post the picture of. Why do you appreciate their natural beauty, but not your own?
                              People that answer? Need to read all of your posts.

This is the best answer I could ever have read from Sourpuss.

CW
                              PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Superfetation

Is it possible to conceive again while already pregnant? Check out superfetation. Wikipedia has information about a 2017 case.

Today, 01:11 AM By jns
                              • Reply to ***Ladies reaction to men at a nude beach/pool***

The term “business process” is used to describe the organization and structure of interrelated actions of company employees with the only purpose...

Yesterday, 01:51 AM By driiols
                              • Reply to Female pubic hair and sexuality

Last night I didn't notice my g/f hadn't shaved in a while. I wouldn't have noticed if she hadn't of brought it to my attention.

07-19-2019, 06:42 PM By WaveRider
                              • Reply to Have You Ever Let A Guy Cum Inside You? Do You Want To? – Discuss

Very recently my g/f told me that she has girlfriends and has known girlfriends who detested/have detested cum. My g/l loves it with the caveat that many...

07-19-2019, 06:37 PM By WaveRider
                              • Reply to Next revolution(s)

The extreme materialization of ourselves is expressed by locking our Self into only what the senses perceive. This becomes the only reality. As a result...

07-19-2019, 06:25 PM By driiols

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Superfetation

Is it possible to conceive again while already pregnant? Check out superfetation. Wikipedia has information about a 2017 case.

Today, 01:11 AM By jns
                              • Introduction

Hello Everyone!
                                I am new to this forum.

06-27-2019, 04:40 AM By linakhonde
                              • motivation

can't find the "motivation" post of mine so assuming it was started in past year & gone with rest of my last year posts that vanished mysteriously...

07-13-2019, 11:32 AM By amy40
                              • Author To Check Out

Serena Valentino. She has written for Autumn Publishing:

Fairest Of All
                                Mistress Of All Evil
                                Poor Unfortunate Soul
                                The...

07-18-2019, 08:56 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                              • A Woman Of Substance

By Barbara Taylor Bradford. This book was published in 1981 and is still being read today.

I am on the second chapter and am really enjoying...

07-18-2019, 08:50 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                              Working...
                              X