Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How you dress

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• How you dress

How much does your significant other influence what you wear? Outerwear (skirts, tops)...Underwear (bras, panties etc.)

• I personally wear what I feel like all the time. I tend to express my mood in the way I dress, outerwear and underwear, **hint, hint... I ask his opinion sometimes, not necessarily his approval. Bottomline, I enjoy dressing up/ or the other way for him, but I take my own mood first priority.

Why do you want to know? Is there any instance where you have to have his approval to wear something?

Comment

• He actually just bought me a "little black dress." I'm kind of torn because I know he likes that kind of thing and he paid a lot for it but I'm a little self conscious about the hem line.

Comment

• The most influence my bf has on my clothes is what color he likes to see on me. If he tells me he thinks yellow would look good on me then I will go find something that is yellow, if he thinks a purple bra would look good then I will go find one. But if he asks "why do you not wear that?" as he sees some floozy in a skin tight mini skirt and high heeled hooker boots I would in no way be inclined to buy it. I keep my modesty when I buy clothes.
        There are those who believe that dictionaries should not merely reflect the times but also protect English from the mindless assaults of the trendy.

Comment

• Originally posted by skirt99 View Post
          He actually just bought me a "little black dress." I'm kind of torn because I know he likes that kind of thing and he paid a lot for it but I'm a little self conscious about the hem line.
          Aww...how sweet! Why do you feel self-conscious? Is it too short? I bet he got it for you because he thinks it would look good and sexy on you. Wear it on occasions where it's only you and him at home, I suppose....

What is "too short" for you?

Comment

• My bf is not the best for fashion advice. If I ask him if an outfit looks good and he just shrugs. But I normally dress comfortable but modest. Definitely a jeans girl but may dress it up with a nice top.

Comment

• I wish I had more influence than I do! I'd like to see the woman I care about wear clothes that show off her shape and exude self confidence. I'd also like to take her to buy the things I think would help her feel this way....at least underneath. VS is pretty high on the list or anyplace else that makes her feel feminine.

Everyday, I try to do something to improve the life of the one I love.

Comment

• Why not take her shopping and buy her something?
                I've never had a man do this but if you took the attitude that you really wanted to get her something special I bet she'd love it.

Comment

• just want to give suggestion :
                  use anything for comfortable

Comment

• No matter what I wear; jeans, dress, skirt etc., after I get dressed to go out he says he likes my outfit. So, I have no idea what he like or does not like except he don't like my silk house kimonas. He said when I stand in front of the window, he can see my underwear and everything else. It shouldn't matter because we are the only ones there.
                    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
                    Not thinking about anything is Zen. Once you know this, walking, sitting, or lying down, everything you do is Zen.
                    ― Bodhidharma

Comment

• My man wants me to buy and wear more lingera, but we both still live with our parents. I'd rather save that until we have a place of our own, but you know how guys are lol

Comment

• I'm either really casual ("Painting the house attire" as my fiance calls it) or really dressy. There's really no in between. 0.o Although my honey has influenced me to be more comfortable with my body by wearing fitted things instead of the big baggy stuff I used to wear.
                        sigpic
                        What good is a wiener dog if he's not spoiled rotten?

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• The End Of DVDs and CDs

I have not bought any DVDs or CDs for a few years now and never will again.

I have given away 30 odd CDs and now stick to YouTube. I want...

Today, 01:33 PM By Popcorn&Candy
                        • Reply to New to divorce and sharing kids

I second Ashlee T.'s post.

Today, 01:29 PM By Popcorn&Candy
                        • Reply to How to gain weight fast?

You've made an important point, Stillness. I am glad to have my question answered.

Today, 01:27 PM By Popcorn&Candy
                        • Reply to AC7

I found your post informative and interesting, Stillness. I wouldn't fast myself, but I see what you're saying. As long as a person isn't starving themselves,...

Today, 01:25 PM By Popcorn&Candy
                        • Reply to New to divorce and sharing kids

Hi Kaja,

I am not in your situation but have friends who are. It is actually a rather common situation these days. I cannot imagine that...

Today, 08:10 AM By Ashlee T.

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• The End Of DVDs and CDs

I have not bought any DVDs or CDs for a few years now and never will again.

I have given away 30 odd CDs and now stick to YouTube. I want...

Today, 01:33 PM By Popcorn&Candy
                        • New to divorce and sharing kids

I wasn’t sure where to post this. Does anyone here been divorced and share joint custody with ex?

We have. 4,5 and 6 week old daughters...

Yesterday, 11:20 PM By Kaja9584
                        • Can’t tell if I’m squirting or what? Please help

Hello, so I never squirted before and never really tried to but lately I’ve been using a vibrator on my clit and couple of days ago, I held it on there...

04-17-2019, 12:13 AM By Avvybaby
                        • Breaking up

I have decided that.a guy I have been seeing for a few months is just not right for me. I need to break it off. But he is a very, very nice guy and I...

04-13-2019, 02:07 AM By Kiwi
                        • Mirena coil foetus?

I got my mirena coil removed today. Attached to it is a 'blob' about the size of a pea. I first thought maybe it was cervical mucus etc, but upon closer...

04-15-2019, 07:51 AM By katie1508
                        Working...
                        X