Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm losing hair :(

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• I'm losing hair :(

For the past year I think, I have been losing a lot of hair. I don't know why, I may not get enough proteins or something (although I have been taking multi-vitamins lately), but it is really annoying. And now I have really thin and fragile hair. My cousin had to shave her hair off, and I'm really worried I'm gonna have to do the same, because I've been saving since I was 13. I am now 16. Is there anything I can do??

• Hello there

With the vitamins that you are currently taking just check to see if there is an adequate dosage of vitamin B, also i recommend finding a shampoo and conditioner that will help prevent hair loss and breakage. Might be a bit more expensive than the other products but in the long run...perfect!

Vitamin B is usually found in whole grains, fresh fruit, brewer's yeast, eggs, fish, turkey, meat, and milk.

Also Vitamin E has also been proven to help with hair loss, Vitamin E is an antioxidant that stimulates the scalp by increasing blood circulation. An increase in blood circulation makes more nutrients available to the hair follicles so they can grow stronger, healthier hair.

Comment

• You may want to get your thyroid function checked

Comment

• You also need to make sure you are getting enough protein.

You can also try taking Biotin. Also, look at Nioxin hair care products.

Comment

• 1. You can full cover the olive oil before you wash your hair.
          2. Try to keep a happy mood.
          3. More exercises.
          4. No more food has much fat.
          5. Try to have a enough sleep.

Hope your problem can be solve as short as possible and keep fit in the future...

Comment

• The multivitamins are a good start, have you been tested for alopecia or other hair loss conditions?

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
            X