Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is anyone that has a nice figure characterized as an hourglass?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Why is anyone that has a nice figure characterized as an hourglass?

I asked a question a few minutes ago about Janet Jackson's figure and got hourglass...I know she isn't one....Yes, I love Janet Jackson and I'm a big fan...I think she's beautiful and would give anything to look like her and have her figure, I just don't think she's hourglass...Everyone isn't a hourglass. I don't think all hourglass women are figures are that pretty either, so are but most aren't. Not meaning to sound rude, I just feel that everyone with a nice beautiful figure/ curvy women are characterized as an hourglass...Why is that?

I'm saying most women that are charaterized as one aren't one...like I said Janet Jackson is not an hourglass, I'm pretty sure her hip and shoulder measurements are equal or close to the same...
    Love is my message.
    ~Michael Jackson~

• Originally posted by collegegirl2010 View Post
    ..like I said Janet Jackson is not an hourglass, I'm pretty sure her hip and shoulder measurements are equal or close to the same...
    Hip and bust measurements being equal or 'close'.. is pretty much the definition of an hourglass as long as the waist is smaller than those hips and that bust that are equal sized...

Hour glass is characterized by having a tiny waist... and a bust and hip that are 10-12 inches larger than that tiny waist... and more or less equal to each other a la 36-24-36 or 90-60-90 for the euros
    Scars remind us of where we've been...they don't have to dictate where we're going.

Comment

• You can look like Janet Jackson if you're willing to spend the money she did to look that way..

Comment

• Originally posted by Hopeless Dork View Post
        Hip and bust measurements being equal or 'close'.. is pretty much the definition of an hourglass as long as the waist is smaller than those hips and that bust that are equal sized...

Hour glass is characterized by having a tiny waist... and a bust and hip that are 10-12 inches larger than that tiny waist... and more or less equal to each other a la 36-24-36 or 90-60-90 for the euros
        sorry, I meant that her bust and hip measurements aren't equal or close, her bust are larger...
        Love is my message.
        ~Michael Jackson~

Comment

• Originally posted by sidneyalive View Post
          You can look like Janet Jackson if you're willing to spend the money she did to look that way..
          I meant look like her naturally, and she didnt get alot of surgery...her breast were already larger, plus she didnt get a lot done that is that noticable other than her nose...and i didnt mean look like her like that, i was refering to her having thigh that aren't bony...
          Love is my message.
          ~Michael Jackson~

Comment

• College,

Why are you sooooo hung up on body shapes? This is about your third thread related to body shape/image and what you don't have or what you want.

How about spending sometime learning to LOVE what you have and NOT be so concerned about what you don't have?

The most sexy thing about any woman is her self confidence. This does not mean cocky or arrogant, merely confident.

There isn't a man in here who wouldn't go out with a woman who was shaped like a cardboard box as long as she was comfortable and confident with herself.

So learn to enhance the gifts you've been given and/or find another group of males who accept you just the way you are.

ALL of the Jacksons, speaking of the children from Jackie down to Janet, have had something done at one time or another. It is widely known that Michael, LaToya and Janet lead the family with numerous surgeries for each. This has nothing to do with thier vocal talents. I'm still a fan of Michael's and Janet's music.

Butt let's keep it real, especially in this forum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seeker_Advice View Post
              College,

Why are you sooooo hung up on body shapes? This is about your third thread related to body shape/image and what you don't have or what you want.

How about spending sometime learning to LOVE what you have and NOT be so concerned about what you don't have?

The most sexy thing about any woman is her self confidence. This does not mean cocky or arrogant, merely confident.

There isn't a man in here who wouldn't go out with a woman who was shaped like a cardboard box as long as she was comfortable and confident with herself.

So learn to enhance the gifts you've been given and/or find another group of males who accept you just the way you are.

ALL of the Jacksons, speaking of the children from Jackie down to Janet, have had something done at one time or another. It is widely known that Michael, LaToya and Janet lead the family with numerous surgeries for each. This has nothing to do with thier vocal talents. I'm still a fan of Michael's and Janet's music.

Butt let's keep it real, especially in this forum.
              It's not that I want to be like anyone, or that I hate my body...I just wanted to know why alot of people say people have an hourglass shape that doesn't like Janet Jackson...It's just that it gets annoying how society make beautiful women something they aren't. Yes, I am a little self-conscious but I promise this post wasn't related to that, I was just wondering why a lot of people do that...And I'm sorry that you guys have to deal with me being self-concious but its kind of like something I've gotten use to now. And thanks for the advice, I am learning to love myself a little!
              Love is my message.
              ~Michael Jackson~

Comment

• Janet Jackson is an upside down pear.
                Beyonce is a right way up pear (small boobs and large hips)
                cameron diaz is boyish
                kim kardashian is hourglass
                I think thats about right, evryone is diffrent and everyone has differnt opinions. And hourglass/curvy is just a nice way to discribe somebody who is rather large.
                haha jus my opinion if you want a figure like janet jackson get the gym twice a day and eat your greens
                What comes around goes around...;)
                Life is what you make it...:cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by LCitsonlybuisness View Post
                  Janet Jackson is an upside down pear.
                  Beyonce is a right way up pear (small boobs and large hips)
                  cameron diaz is boyish
                  kim kardashian is hourglass
                  I think thats about right, evryone is diffrent and everyone has differnt opinions. And hourglass/curvy is just a nice way to discribe somebody who is rather large.
                  haha jus my opinion if you want a figure like janet jackson get the gym twice a day and eat your greens
                  Yea, that is correct...It's just how the public display those women as being something they're not. I have heard stylist Stacy London and Clinton Kelly say themselves that there aren't many women who are TRUE hourglass figure, in other words hourglass figure is not that common. I think all figures can be beautiful, but it is rare that you find a lot of hourglass figure women, it is very common though that you find a lot of women with a pear shape. An hourglass shape in my opinion is unrealistic, especially for men to say they want a woman like that when it is probably not likely that they will find someone like that.

And btw upside down pear is also called a "V"/Funnel shape. And thanks for voicing your opinion.
                  Love is my message.
                  ~Michael Jackson~

Comment

• I know everyone is allowed to have their own opinions and tastes, but I dislike it when people are rude about it and act as if anyone without an hourglass figure isn't beautiful. I've gotten many comments about how my pear-shaped body was weird and disproportionate. My bust and hip measurements are only two inches apart, but I am noticeably pear-shaped. But then I thought why would it be weird if this is the body nature intended for me? People say soooooo many stupid things, it's up to us to brush it off our shoulders. And just because so many people can be adamant about it doesn't mean it's true.

I personally don't think body shape has any bearing on the beauty of a woman. If the same woman had either an hourglass or pear shape or whatever, what would it matter as long as she had the same pretty face or any other positive feature?

Comment

• Originally posted by Resilient_Woman View Post
                      I know everyone is allowed to have their own opinions and tastes, but I dislike it when people are rude about it and act as if anyone without an hourglass figure isn't beautiful. I've gotten many comments about how my pear-shaped body was weird and disproportionate. My bust and hip measurements are only two inches apart, but I am noticeably pear-shaped. But then I thought why would it be weird if this is the body nature intended for me? People say soooooo many stupid things, it's up to us to brush it off our shoulders. And just because so many people can be adamant about it doesn't mean it's true.

I personally don't think body shape has any bearing on the beauty of a woman. If the same woman had either an hourglass or pear shape or whatever, what would it matter as long as she had the same pretty face or any other positive feature?
                      I'm not really angry about them having an opinion because its what they like, my thing is they call women hourglass that aren't like its the most perfect shape in the world. Like some women have bigger bust measurements and small or narrow hips, and people say they are an hourglass when they are really a funnel/V shape. and I would love to be a pear shape, I think that's a beautiful shape. Trust me, I know how it feel, I'm a Ruler/H and rulers and pears get criticized the most which is part of the reason I'm having self esteem problems. I completely agree with you though, I think all body figures can be beautiful especially if you have a nice personality to go with your looks.
                      Love is my message.
                      ~Michael Jackson~

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                      X