Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anybody else have trouble with bra fitting?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Does anybody else have trouble with bra fitting?

I always do. I know the technical way is to measure the ribcage area right under your breasts and then add 4-5 inches to it, depending on whether the number comes out even or not. That becomes your band size.
    Then I know that you measure across the fullest part of your breasts and take that measurement and subtract it from your band size. If it's a 1 inch difference, it's an A cup, if it's a 2 inch difference, it's a B cup, so on and so forth.

This is the method I've been hearing all the time, so please correct me if I am wrong.

However whenever I do this, I always come out with a 34AA measurement and I can never fit into an AA cup. The best fit I can find is a 34B, but of course there is always gonna be a problem with the fit.

I definitely hear a lot of criticism about this traditional and antiquated system, and I also hear that a lot of women wear the wrong bra size because they just can never find the perfect fit.

Anyone else have any experience with it or any tips on finding the right bra?

• The Bra and it’s proper fit:

Lingerie has become one of the hottest and fastest-growing markets in the fashion industry. And the standout product in this parade of beauty is the bra.

As many as 80 percent of women are buying the wrong size bra, expert fitters say. "I want to grab them and say, 'Look what you're doing to yourself!'"

Bra Should Play Supportive and Sexy Role in Wardrobe

So, what makes a good bra?

"A good bra is first a good support, and around this good support we can make it fancy, pretty, beautiful," "When the back is riding up the bust falls in front. So I will cut the back a little lower here so that the hook would be here,"

"The breast has a natural, beautiful shape. & Try always to have this uplift, a little pointy, and soft look,"

The Essentials of a Good Fit

Whether your budget is designer or off-the-rack, here's what you need to know.

Be measured — at least once a year, because bra size can change.

The breasts should fill the cups, not spill over.

Go with seamed bras because seams add support.

Stay away from elastic straps which dig in and leave marks in the shoulder.

To conceal back fat, choose a bra with a wider band.

Our experts tell us that you know you've got the right bra when you don't even know you're wearing one.

Comment

• Thank you very much. I wasn't able to find a uniform bra size that applies to every brand(for example sometimes I'll fit into a B and sometimes a C), but that's what most women deal with. I was able to find a much more comfortable fit, however.

Comment

• I would tend to believe, like almost everything in women's fashion, that size, fit and feel vary from brand to brand, so unfortunately, you'll have to try them on before you buy.

Comment

• The ONLY bra to every work for me is the Le Mystere bra in the Dream Tisha model. Everything else just creates a uniboob on me....
          sigpic
          What good is a wiener dog if he's not spoiled rotten?

Comment

• A short while ago whilst in London (UK) I visited the very well known lingerie outlet Rigby and Peller (apparently HM the Queen is a client) to be professionally bra fitted.

I was somewhat surprised when my personal assistant looked and immediately told me I was wearing the wrong size bra!...to start with I should be a band size smaller and at least a cup size bigger!!

Well, there are NO TAPE MEASURES used whatsoever, they simply take all the time in the world bringing you bras until dare I say, both you and them are entirely happy, I say them because they truly are so professional.

In my case my assistant almost had it right first time as I actually need to go up two cup sizes.

I have now come to the belief that the only way to make sure you have the correct size bra, is simply to try them all on, and to forget taking any measurements at all.

Sadly for me at the moment I am experiencing breast related problems and have had to buy new bras almost monthly.
            Come what may count your blessings

Comment

• My problem is - if the cup fits, the rest of the bra is to tight ;/
              Can you send me an adress of that place Solitaire? Or can I just google it, and I will find it?

Comment

• hmmm If your very large chested like myself I have a larger size chest compared to the rest of me. I would recommend a good bra for you if you know your correct size of your cups and around size. I would recommend playtex scerets. It's a good name brand it's all i've ever worn since i was real young.
                Life's a dance you learn as you go

Comment

• Originally posted by sarahlee20 View Post
                  hmmm If your very large chested like myself I have a larger size chest compared to the rest of me. I would recommend a good bra for you if you know your correct size of your cups and around size. I would recommend playtex scerets. It's a good name brand it's all i've ever worn since i was real young.
                  It also goes up to 40 D DD etc although it is underwire bras so I am not sure if they make no underwire but just wanted to throw that out there. :0)
                  Life's a dance you learn as you go

Comment

• Originally posted by TigersPrettyBunny View Post
                    The ONLY bra to every work for me is the Le Mystere bra in the Dream Tisha model. Everything else just creates a uniboob on me....
                    What is the uniboob?! I have small breasts so I always miss out on all the good boob anomalies

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Superfetation

Is it possible to conceive again while already pregnant? Check out superfetation. Wikipedia has information about a 2017 case.

Today, 01:11 AM By jns
                    • Reply to ***Ladies reaction to men at a nude beach/pool***

The term “business process” is used to describe the organization and structure of interrelated actions of company employees with the only purpose...

Yesterday, 01:51 AM By driiols
                    • Reply to Female pubic hair and sexuality

Last night I didn't notice my g/f hadn't shaved in a while. I wouldn't have noticed if she hadn't of brought it to my attention.

07-19-2019, 06:42 PM By WaveRider
                    • Reply to Have You Ever Let A Guy Cum Inside You? Do You Want To? – Discuss

Very recently my g/f told me that she has girlfriends and has known girlfriends who detested/have detested cum. My g/l loves it with the caveat that many...

07-19-2019, 06:37 PM By WaveRider
                    • Reply to Next revolution(s)

The extreme materialization of ourselves is expressed by locking our Self into only what the senses perceive. This becomes the only reality. As a result...

07-19-2019, 06:25 PM By driiols

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Superfetation

Is it possible to conceive again while already pregnant? Check out superfetation. Wikipedia has information about a 2017 case.

Today, 01:11 AM By jns
                    • Introduction

Hello Everyone!
                      I am new to this forum.

06-27-2019, 04:40 AM By linakhonde
                    • motivation

can't find the "motivation" post of mine so assuming it was started in past year & gone with rest of my last year posts that vanished mysteriously...

07-13-2019, 11:32 AM By amy40
                    • Author To Check Out

Serena Valentino. She has written for Autumn Publishing:

Fairest Of All
                      Mistress Of All Evil
                      Poor Unfortunate Soul
                      The...

07-18-2019, 08:56 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                    • A Woman Of Substance

By Barbara Taylor Bradford. This book was published in 1981 and is still being read today.

I am on the second chapter and am really enjoying...

07-18-2019, 08:50 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                    Working...
                    X