Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Box color

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Box color

In one month I'll be able to color my hair again. I've gone almost one year without coloring it because last March or so, I was touching up my blonde hair (not natural blonde), went to use something called Blonde Glam without my glasses on. Unfortunately, I did not grab the Blonde Glam...instead I grabbed something that had violet dyes in it....ANNDDD long story short I ended up with purple splotches and my hair stylist cut it all off. I've had to let all of the natural color come in before I can redye it and I only have about a centimeter of the old hair color left in (I can't dye over that cm of hair because it no longer absorbs color! lol). Basically...I did a HORRID number to my hair and it is finally healthy.

The problem is, my hair is styled short and I look older than I am. The second problem is, I'm 29 and a large portion of my hair is coming in solid white.

I can't afford to have it colored at a salon at the moment so I'm going to use box color. There is NO way on earth I'm going back to blonde, lol...but will box color look natural? Will it just look like one solid color? Will it look kind like normal hair color like with multiple tones to it? I'm nervous about it a month in advance because I've been dying my hair since I was 13 and boy gosh do I miss it. I'm tired of feeling 50 (If you saw my hair, you'd understand).

It's something to look forward to for me and I'd like to start learning about it and figuring out how I can make it work for me with your help!

• I haven't colored my own in a while, but I used to in the past and it will look natural if you get the right color. Also, it will have multiple tones to it if you have gray hair, those will be a little lighter than your natural hair color strands. Also, if you have like a Sally's or Ulta near you, go in and talk to them, they will help you pick out the right one.

Comment

• Oh there is a Sally's near here. I've heard about them but have never ventured in.

I used to color it, then for years only did the salon thing because my husband worked for a salon corporation. I got crazy discounts that made it worth it. Only a month to go before I can dye it again! Very excited.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Any remedy to kill cramps during periods?

I’m 22 years old, and my cramps have always been very bad to the point that I throw up and miss school or practice. Is something wrong with me, because...

Today, 05:40 AM By jehand
      • Superfetation

Is it possible to conceive again while already pregnant? Check out superfetation. Wikipedia has information about a 2017 case.

Yesterday, 01:11 AM By jns
      • Introduction

Hello Everyone!
        I am new to this forum.

06-27-2019, 04:40 AM By linakhonde
      • motivation

can't find the "motivation" post of mine so assuming it was started in past year & gone with rest of my last year posts that vanished mysteriously...

07-13-2019, 11:32 AM By amy40
      • Author To Check Out

Serena Valentino. She has written for Autumn Publishing:

Fairest Of All
        Mistress Of All Evil
        Poor Unfortunate Soul
        The...

07-18-2019, 08:56 AM By Popcorn&Candy
      Working...
      X