Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does really hot showers make your skin dry and irriated?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Does really hot showers make your skin dry and irriated?

Hi sorry I haven't post so long. I've been busy with school and taking care of my baby. My family and I wanted to know this question. My step mom says it doesn't. My wife and I say it does. So what is the correct answer. I also want to know how many times do I need to help my baby to shower in the winter? Right now he has dry skins. My baby is 3 months old now. We tried to give him showers once a day and skip a day of shower and shower the next the day. But my step mom concerns that he is not comfortable when he doesn't shower. But my wife use a towel to help my baby clean up and wipe him down clean and make him smell good again.

Also does the baby's body wash the Johnson one or any other kind of body . Does it make your skin dries?

• Well... I wouldn't be giving your baby a "really hot shower". Their skin is very sensitive and extremely hot water will not be comfortable for them. A warm bath is all that is necessary. You want to also use the baby wash, Johnson & Johnson, etc. The baby washes are made for them and are very sensitive. It is fine to bathe them every other day. Are you using baby lotion after the bath?

Comment

• Yes, HOT showers open the pores of your skin and rob it of the natural oils that your body produces everyday to keep your skin healthy.

Frankly, we should be taking the shortest shower possible with the water as luke warm as possible...the colder the better as far as your skin is concerned.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• new man needs help

just joined for some advice. i married a women 38 years ago who was a virgin at the time and never had an orgasm or never masturbated. After several...

Yesterday, 04:39 PM By hornyallthetime
      • Reply to Husband seeking advice

Husbandseekingadvice - Awesome! It sounds like you've got a solid plan in place to fix all of this before it becomes unfixable. Kudos to you for being...

Yesterday, 03:00 PM By Ashlee T.

Hey ATSkitty, thanks for taking the time to reply! She is in therapy two days a week. I signed both of us up for planet fitness bc the couple that sweets...

Yesterday, 12:49 PM By Husbandseekingadvice

Ashlee, I hope you are having a killer day! Thank you for your post!
        i agree 100 with you. I think I have been avoiding the whole situation together....

Yesterday, 12:43 PM By Husbandseekingadvice

I agree with a lot of what Ashlee recommends.
        I would say this regarding her venting sessions however: is she willing to see a counselor? I think...

Yesterday, 12:00 PM By atskitty2

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• new man needs help

just joined for some advice. i married a women 38 years ago who was a virgin at the time and never had an orgasm or never masturbated. After several...

Yesterday, 04:39 PM By hornyallthetime
      • Husband seeking advice

Hey! I need your advice. My wife is super stressed. I am lost in my role as a husband on how to help her.

The last 6 months have been absolutely...

Yesterday, 08:05 AM By Husbandseekingadvice
      • The End Of DVDs and CDs

I have not bought any DVDs or CDs for a few years now and never will again.

I have given away 30 odd CDs and now stick to YouTube. I want...

04-19-2019, 01:33 PM By Popcorn&Candy
      • New to divorce and sharing kids

I wasn’t sure where to post this. Does anyone here been divorced and share joint custody with ex?

We have. 4,5 and 6 week old daughters...

04-18-2019, 11:20 PM By Kaja9584
      • Can’t tell if I’m squirting or what? Please help

Hello, so I never squirted before and never really tried to but lately I’ve been using a vibrator on my clit and couple of days ago, I held it on there...

04-17-2019, 12:13 AM By Avvybaby
      Working...
      X