Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can you click here please? hear we women have the BEST advice when it comes to...

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• can you click here please? hear we women have the BEST advice when it comes to...

SWIMSUIT choosing!

I'm going to a beach soon with a couple of friends and need the PERFECT swimsuit for my body type! I'm a ruler shaped woman (though many say that i don't appear to be one) and i'm categorizing myself as a ruler strictly by my measurements which are 32C-25-32. My stomach is not 10 inches less than my upper and lower half which means I fail to meet the typical hourglass hottie's standards.

Buuuuuuutt....

I REALLY need a swimsuit and need another person's opinion since women (and occasionally men) seem to be experts at these kinds of things! Should I go bandeau top? traingle top? just plain strappless top? brief bottom? bikini bottom? two piece? one piece? what color would go best with my skin complexion? (red and pink do not suit me well, as you will soon see in the link)

here's my picture, ladies. you've probably already seen this picture before on here since I posted it in another forum about another issue.

**Removed pic**

thanks for all your help, loves!
    Last edited by LanaBear; 04-18-2011, 07:11 PM. Reason: Not appropriate for this forum, please keep pics G.

• Having spent years in the women's swim and sportswear industries I will suggest a few things;

1. Solid colors tend to minimize while patterns tend to draw the eye to them. If you want attention drawn to your top, wear a pattern on top and a dark solid on the bottom (black, dark brown or navy blue). If you like the way your lower half looks and want others to notice, then print on bottom and solid on top. If both are equal, in your mind, then wear a solid or patterned swimsuit in both places depending on desired result.

IMO - and based on what I can remember from your pic, you can wear any combination, in any order. A very nice "problem" to have.

2. I would recommend a triangle top where you can adjust the top as you see fit. Triangles work "best" if there's any chance that you might go into the water. A Bandeau top would be my second choice. Functionally, not as good as a triangle top but a little more fashion forward too.

3. Strapless only if you're going to be laying out by the pool and there is little chance of any activity going on in the pool or ocean.

4. Since a true triangle top has strings, than I'd match it and buy something high on your hip that ties.

5. Unless you're extremely confident stay away from all white, lemon yellow or any other very bright suit.

After all of this, it really boils down to the look you are trying to achieve, what you want to draw attention to, if anything, and whether or not you're going to be "active" in the suit (swimming, splashing, surfing, etc.).

As for colors and prints, you're going to have to try a bunch of suits on to see what you think looks best on you. I can't remember your pic well enough to advise...sorry.

Please stop with the misconception of being a "ruler" based on what some web site said.

When I was in the industry, we hired women just like you to walk around the various trade shows wearing our suits. We called them models !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Seeker_Advice View Post
      Having spent years in the women's swim and sportswear industries I will suggest a few things;

1. Solid colors tend to minimize while patterns tend to draw the eye to them. If you want attention drawn to your top, wear a pattern on top and a dark solid on the bottom (black, dark brown or navy blue). If you like the way your lower half looks and want others to notice, then print on bottom and solid on top. If both are equal, in your mind, then wear a solid or patterned swimsuit in both places depending on desired result.

IMO - and based on what I can remember from your pic, you can wear any combination, in any order. A very nice "problem" to have.

2. I would recommend a triangle top where you can adjust the top as you see fit. Triangles work "best" if there's any chance that you might go into the water. A Bandeau top would be my second choice. Functionally, not as good as a triangle top but a little more fashion forward too.

3. Strapless only if you're going to be laying out by the pool and there is little chance of any activity going on in the pool or ocean.

4. Since a true triangle top has strings, than I'd match it and buy something high on your hip that ties.

5. Unless you're extremely confident stay away from all white, lemon yellow or any other very bright suit.

After all of this, it really boils down to the look you are trying to achieve, what you want to draw attention to, if anything, and whether or not you're going to be "active" in the suit (swimming, splashing, surfing, etc.).

As for colors and prints, you're going to have to try a bunch of suits on to see what you think looks best on you. I can't remember your pic well enough to advise...sorry.

Please stop with the misconception of being a "ruler" based on what some web site said.

When I was in the industry, we hired women just like you to walk around the various trade shows wearing our suits. We called them models !!
      thank you very much! all of your information was extremely helpful. I'll be sure to use it!
      And yeah, sorry about that pic being removed. it wasn't "appropiate for the site", and you would think i was completely naked in the picture or posted a picture of a penis. but nope, just a two piece. but, then again, we do have to keep it G rated, even though this is a "women's" health site, or so i thought..

enough about that. on your last quote, thanks VERY much! makes me feel special

Comment

• You're welcome. It's the truth, so get use to it.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Superfetation

Is it possible to conceive again while already pregnant? Check out superfetation. Wikipedia has information about a 2017 case.

Today, 01:11 AM By jns
        • Reply to ***Ladies reaction to men at a nude beach/pool***

The term “business process” is used to describe the organization and structure of interrelated actions of company employees with the only purpose...

Yesterday, 01:51 AM By driiols
        • Reply to Female pubic hair and sexuality

Last night I didn't notice my g/f hadn't shaved in a while. I wouldn't have noticed if she hadn't of brought it to my attention.

07-19-2019, 06:42 PM By WaveRider
        • Reply to Have You Ever Let A Guy Cum Inside You? Do You Want To? – Discuss

Very recently my g/f told me that she has girlfriends and has known girlfriends who detested/have detested cum. My g/l loves it with the caveat that many...

07-19-2019, 06:37 PM By WaveRider
        • Reply to Next revolution(s)

The extreme materialization of ourselves is expressed by locking our Self into only what the senses perceive. This becomes the only reality. As a result...

07-19-2019, 06:25 PM By driiols

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Superfetation

Is it possible to conceive again while already pregnant? Check out superfetation. Wikipedia has information about a 2017 case.

Today, 01:11 AM By jns
        • Introduction

Hello Everyone!
          I am new to this forum.

06-27-2019, 04:40 AM By linakhonde
        • motivation

can't find the "motivation" post of mine so assuming it was started in past year & gone with rest of my last year posts that vanished mysteriously...

07-13-2019, 11:32 AM By amy40
        • Author To Check Out

Serena Valentino. She has written for Autumn Publishing:

Fairest Of All
          Mistress Of All Evil
          Poor Unfortunate Soul
          The...

07-18-2019, 08:56 AM By Popcorn&Candy
        • A Woman Of Substance

By Barbara Taylor Bradford. This book was published in 1981 and is still being read today.

I am on the second chapter and am really enjoying...

07-18-2019, 08:50 AM By Popcorn&Candy
        Working...
        X