• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse

April Poster of the Month!

Please welcome us in congratulating long time member, Stillness for being our April Poster of the Month!!
See more
See less

Tattoos: Beautiful or Tacky?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't have any tattoos nor am I inclined to get any. I have a lot of punk rock friends, many of them musicians. Some have a lot of tattoos. I don't see their tattoos as tacky. I am more inclined to think of tattoos being tacky if they are of a very common type that seems to be there to say "I have one, too." I recently saw a Bayon face (from the Bayon Temple) tattoo on a lady's upper arm and shoulder that was stunning in it's clear lines.
    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

A tattoo can be classy or tacking depending on the tattoo how big it is and where it is placed .. but it is really just a matter of ones opinion

Comment

I think tattoos & body piercing is a very personal this game. They can look trashy & depend on where & what they r. I'm planning 1st tattoo on side of my breast, a 3D butterfly & it represents my family to me. I don't want visible tattoo but have waited from teens to get my tattoo, nearly 40 now. I also have 4 lobe piercing, helix & navel, thinking of adding nipple too lol

Comment

100% Original Phytoscience Product triple stemcell for beauty care.

Triple Stem Cell is effective in skinís anti-aging, whitening, toning, moisturizing, reducing fine lines and wrinkles, enhances elasticity, protection from Ultra-Violet radiation and other benefits to keep you more younger, radiant and beautiful:- For More Visit.
          .................................................. .........................................

Phytoscience

Comment

For me, it is beauty. Because i have 3 tattoos. And soon I'm planning on getting this
            Last edited by jns; 03-09-2017, 10:13 PM. Reason: Outbound links are not allowed.

Comment

I noticed an older women, probably in her 60's with a fairly large tattoo covering most of her forearm.

Would have liked to ask if she ever regretted getting it.

Comment

Originally posted by CHANDLERS WISH View Post
                I don't believe you should worry about what anyone thinks.

It's your body and what is beautiful to some isn't to others. It's a personal opinion.

On a side note. For me, it's not so much about the tattoos rather how they are displayed, the dress sense, if the person holds themselves well or dresses "tacky" ..
                ^^^This is the right answer^^^

Biblically, God, in Leviticus 19:28, told us not to tattoo our bodies. I'm not preaching. What I am attempting is to orient you to how others might interpret a tattoo. But ultimately, as CHANDLERS explained, it's your body.

Comment

What other people do to their bodies is none of my business...unless they're in relationships with me.

Keep in mind that I'm old school. We'll all introduce our lives' experiences when discussing personal issues.

i've dated women with tattoos, but they were in their groin areas. One was mostly covered with pubic hair. I didn't even know she had it until she pointed it out for me.

Reality will always control outcome. Visible tattoos will deny entry into some careers. A woman who works at a 5-star resort told me that her resort will not hire anyone wth visible tattoos. Obama forbade US soldiers from displaying tattoos. I believe President Trump has rescinded that order.

It used to be extremely rare to see cops with visible tattoos. But it's becoming more common with male cops. Of course, their employers will determine what's acceptable.

Keeping in mind that I'm old school, I've yet to see a woman in a ball gown at a black tie affair with visible tattoos. But then again, I'm usually pretty good at avoiding black tie affairs. Pretentious people and I don't mesh well.

In the 90's, I asked a woman who had many tattoos which one she liked best. She thought for a few seconds and replied, "None of 'em!"

My dermatologist has told me that she has a lot of patients who seek tattoo removal. While the process has improved, it will leave blemishes. It's also very expensive, and I don't believe it's covered by health insurance.

As an aside, my g/f was going to do laser hair removal in her groin area. She wasn't going completely Brazilian. She wanted her bush downsized. Her dermatologist is female. (My dermatologist is female.) She told my girlfriend to be very careful about what she wanted removed. She told my g/f that young women who were then removing all of their public hair would regret it as they grew older. Gravity will affect labia, and pubic hair not only conceals the effects of gravity, it protects them. After a long consultation with her dermatologist, she shined on laser hair removal. She uses scissors and a razor.

Back to tattoos: I'd prefer a woman who's in a relationship with me to not have tattoos. But love can alter beliefs. Were I in love with a woman, I'd be good with her tattoos. I'd probably wish that she hadn't of gotten them, but I'd still be in love with her.

As CHANDLERS posted, which is consistent with all that's personal, tattoos are personal decisions. What others think could be moot.

One last point: we're biological, which means we're organic. Tattoos aren't. Our bodies will change. This might be too honest but should be considered nonetheless: tattoos on older people are not appealing.

Comment

Tatoos are tacky.............. Simple and without tatoos body is more attractive as compared to use artificial tatto

Comment

Working...
                    X