Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I dye my hair black (with a blue shine)?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• TimelyRain
    started a topic Should I dye my hair black (with a blue shine)?

Should I dye my hair black (with a blue shine)?

I have recently thought about having a new hair colour, and I thought about having black with a blue shine. Problem is, I don't know if the black I mean would suit me, and also I have a tendency to get headaches in hot weather, and I'm worried that black would absorb heat and make this more likely. I have naturally medium brown hair and blue-grey eyes.

• martinnathalie9
    replied
    I dyed mine black a few years back and it made me look really pale. I think you need to be confident you've got the right skin tone to pull it off

Leave a comment:

• Arslan230
    replied
    You should dye your hair with black color like this

Leave a comment:

• Arslan230
    replied
    You should dye your hair with black color like this http://www.fashiontrends.pk/beauty-style/hair-care/

Leave a comment:

• Texasred
    replied
    Google "Virtual hair color" - sites like Marie Claire and others let you upload a photo and change hair color

Leave a comment:

• TimelyRain
    replied
    pearlami, I haven't seen any temporary dyes of the colour I'm after. Is there any way to remove a permanent dye?
    Atskitty2, I think I get what you mean now.

Leave a comment:

• atskitty2
    replied
    You said your hair is medium brown...go dark brown is what I meant. If you find that dark brown, almost black is too harsh, then black will surely be.

Leave a comment:

• Pearlami
    replied
    I'm sure there's a way to color it temporarily.
    The other way around is tricky, but black is easy.

Leave a comment:

• Bowlly
    replied
    If heat is really a problem like you said, i wouldn't go for it.
    It will sometimes feel like all the worlds sun rays have a meeting point on your head.

Leave a comment:

• TimelyRain
    replied
    My hair is brown already. You wouldn't see a difference or at least not an obvious one. And I've tried looking for apps to do it but can't find any decent ones for my tablet.

Leave a comment:

• atskitty2
    replied
    Why not try taking the change in steps? Try a darker brown first and see how that works before you go to a black.
    My hunch is that it'll be too much for your skin tones but it's hard to say.

There are some decent free apps now to help try out different looks. My friend used one but I don't know the name of it. You could try that also.

Leave a comment:

• JessyJess
    replied
    It will make you look way older.

Leave a comment:

• Ashlee T.
    replied
    If clothing of those colors made you look washed out, then the hair color will also. Some people can go with any color and still look good. I do not have one of those skin tones.

Leave a comment:

• TimelyRain
    replied
    I like it too, I've always liked black hair, but I've been wary of dyeing it incase I don't like it when it's done. I'm guessing by skin tones you mean underlying tone? If you do, I think mine might be slightly yellowish. It some colours I've tried wearing in clothes, I end up looking washed out and pale, which is why I was wondering about the black-blue dye.

Leave a comment:

• atskitty2
    replied
    Depends a lot on your skin tone. I love black hair but it can look really harsh on certain skin tones.

Leave a comment:

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Superfetation

Is it possible to conceive again while already pregnant? Check out superfetation. Wikipedia has information about a 2017 case.

Today, 01:11 AM By jns
  • Reply to ***Ladies reaction to men at a nude beach/pool***

The term “business process” is used to describe the organization and structure of interrelated actions of company employees with the only purpose...

Yesterday, 01:51 AM By driiols
  • Reply to Female pubic hair and sexuality

Last night I didn't notice my g/f hadn't shaved in a while. I wouldn't have noticed if she hadn't of brought it to my attention.

07-19-2019, 06:42 PM By WaveRider
  • Reply to Have You Ever Let A Guy Cum Inside You? Do You Want To? – Discuss

Very recently my g/f told me that she has girlfriends and has known girlfriends who detested/have detested cum. My g/l loves it with the caveat that many...

07-19-2019, 06:37 PM By WaveRider
  • Reply to Next revolution(s)

The extreme materialization of ourselves is expressed by locking our Self into only what the senses perceive. This becomes the only reality. As a result...

07-19-2019, 06:25 PM By driiols

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Superfetation

Is it possible to conceive again while already pregnant? Check out superfetation. Wikipedia has information about a 2017 case.

Today, 01:11 AM By jns
  • Introduction

Hello Everyone!
    I am new to this forum.

06-27-2019, 04:40 AM By linakhonde
  • motivation

can't find the "motivation" post of mine so assuming it was started in past year & gone with rest of my last year posts that vanished mysteriously...

07-13-2019, 11:32 AM By amy40
  • Author To Check Out

Serena Valentino. She has written for Autumn Publishing:

Fairest Of All
    Mistress Of All Evil
    Poor Unfortunate Soul
    The...

07-18-2019, 08:56 AM By Popcorn&Candy
  • A Woman Of Substance

By Barbara Taylor Bradford. This book was published in 1981 and is still being read today.

I am on the second chapter and am really enjoying...

07-18-2019, 08:50 AM By Popcorn&Candy
Working...
X