wigs

Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wigs

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• wigs

do any of you wears wigs
    if so, what's a good brand?

I would like to be able to change my hair color on a weekly basis, if I wish but want something that you can't tell is a wig

• I own a wig but probably for a different reason than you would. My DH and I moved from a city that had very little humidity to a city that has major humidity. We also purchased a house with an in-ground pool. My hair get horrid kinky (I call it brillo pad) curls, but only at the back and underneath the top hair. this top hair just goes crazy and sticks out, so I bought a wig in case we had to go somewhere and I didn't have time to wash and straighten my hair out. But I digress.

IMHO the best wigs are made of human hair. They look and feel more like your own. You can wash them, curl them, straighten them and put temporary paint on streaks if you wish. Then just wash it out. Price wise - how much do you want to spend? What length do you want, the longer the more expensive. Do you have a hairdresser that could help you locate a source? If you want a wig that you can't tell is a wig, you'll have to pay a bit more for it.
    That which we forget may as well never really happened.

Comment

• thanks, Claret........are you happy with yours, do you know what brand it is?

I'm not sure I want to go to a wig shop and try on wigs that other people tried on

Comment

• I'm not sure of the maker of the wig but I did purchase it through a hair salon. They seemed very knowledgeable about everything.
        That which we forget may as well never really happened.

Comment

• I have always wanted to wear the same red wig as Jennifer Garner in "Alias". I am not bald and don't have hair loss but I love that bright red bobbed wig. Wigs are rather cool

Comment

• Found one I really like. Unfortunately, a mannequin was wearing it; the store doesn't sell wigs. I did ask. Going to go back with my camera to take a pic since I really like the style.

Comment

• I'm sorry to hear that amy40. Are there other shops near you that do sell wigs? It does look like you're going to have to shop around. When you find the right shop, they should show you how to put on the wig so it looks natural. When used properly wigs do look really good. Plus, you can change your hairstyle any day of the week with no hassle. Anyhow, good luck on your search!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
              X