• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse

Vote on the New WH Logo! We need YOUR help!

Everyone, we need YOUR help! Take a moment to cast your vote on the new WH logo! Vote Here!
See more
See less

beauty subscription packages?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

beauty subscription packages?

Anyone buy the monthly sample beauty products? There's Birchbox, ipsy, etc?

I did the Birchbox for men box for a couple of months....it was ok, but a lot of the products had strong odors (I don't like any scents) and were things that I would never use. However, there were some other items that I did enjoy like different kinds of conditioners, shampoo, and lotions -- aside from the ones that had strong scents.

Another thing is the sizes -- they are SMALL -- and meant only as samples, and then they have an "interesting" business model in that you can get discounts off of these products from their website, and get a "discount" on the larger sizes...so I almost felt as if I was paying for the privilege to spend more money, akin to Amazon's Prime Membership, which is one of the most brilliant business models ever created -- you pay a yearly fee, to spend more money!

Overall, I would say if you want to sample products because you are too busy to try it on your own, or shop around and spend a lot of money on regular sized products you will use once and then never again, I could see using Birchbox for a few months or up to a year to really round out a portfolio of lotions, creams and other beauty items.

Comment

I've never bought a beauty subscription beauty package. Still, it is a good way to test out products. I am interested in the "Wish" boxes. I've seen the adverts [which I love!] and am definitely considering buying a box.

Has anyone else seen those "Wish" adverts on YouTube?

Comment

I have heard the men's stuff is actually better than the women's! Probably fewer to choose from and must be of better quality to keep men's interest.

Popcorn, I haven't but if it's the same as the wish shopping app, I'd not be terribly optimistic.

Comment

Working...
        X