Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Often Do You Paint Your Nails?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• How Often Do You Paint Your Nails?

I paint mine once every few days. When I repaint them I also file them down and clean them with soap & a nail brush.

ATM I am wearing a Max Factor red nail polish: it's gorgeous! I also went through my nail polish collection and threw away out-of-date polishes a few weeks ago. I am very organised.

Over to you!

• I have always hated painting my nails. I spent all this time painting, being patient for drying, then in a day or two it was chipping off no matter what polish I used, even professional manicures.

I recently started using dip powder polish. It has taken some learning. Definite trial and error but I LOVE IT. Once it's on, IT'S ON and depending on how fast your nails grow it can last a week or two solid with no chips. I do not paint my toenails at all, as polish of any kind seems to ruin them. But I've been enjoying the dip polish. I typically give my nails several days to a week in between taking it off and repainting so they can get air, and oils for health.
    "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• I have never heard of dip powder polish: I shall Google it.

I do think you're right about nail polish chipping easily: I have this problem myself. You can use base coat, a clear top coat but it chips quickly. On the other hand, you can get arcyllics, which can break the nails. The best solution is yours [dip nail polish] and another option is to have gel nails. They are more flexible and last much longer than regular nail polish. But for a party or just one night out, nail polish is fine.

They are also selling gel nail polishes, say in Boots or Superdrug, where you apply it yourself, like regular polish.

Anyhow, I don't have painted nails ATM but I have filed them down and cleaned them, which I do regularly. I HATE dirty nails [yuck].

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
      X