Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Horse back riders! or anyone else who rides something (other than their man)

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Horse back riders! or anyone else who rides something (other than their man)

Ok, so i assume if your looking at this thread you ride horses, and since it's in the hair removal section, you must have an idea of what i'm getting at.

I ride my horse regularly, which means i take a beating "down there". Sometimes i get sores around my clit region because i'm sitting differently the normal, or sometimes bruising on my seat bones.

My question, i cannot shave between my legs at all, or else i get nasty ingrown hairs in my seat bone region. I'm not even shaving my pubic hair all off, just the areas you can see when wearing a bathing suit, but i can't even do that. As soon as the hair gets a day of growth, i'm guarenteed nasty pimple size things from ingrown hairs. I have to be careful when wearing a bathing suit, i need to keep my legs together so no one will see my hair.

What would you do? Would waxing be better?

• I am a hunter jumper trainer so I understand this question real well. You should not be taking a beating especially around the clit the main reason is that your riding tense either anticipating or just not connected with the mount.

I highly recommend heels down over flex pointing those toes to the sky then sit deep the best way for me to explain is to squeeze your butt cheeks together then push down and forward rocking back on the pelvis this will take up all the shock from the trot or canter and you will find great relief.

You always want to feel that the core of your body is truly the shock absorber relax in the saddle and breath try to become one in feeling. I hope this helps and also for the shaving I did find an awesome product here is the you tube review I love it.
    Last edited by CHANDLERS WISH; 06-19-2009, 12:53 AM. Reason: outbound link deleted

Comment

• I also agree with CHINO

Comment

• Originally posted by Chantalemma View Post
        I also agree with Sonora... Sorry dear!
        I didn't mean to screw the name

Comment

• That seems quite a bit too far forward to be causing sores from the saddle. Are you sure it isn't the clothes your wearing? Otherwise you are likely leaning too far forward.

As for ingrown hairs.. I have that problem even when not riding horses. I'm just very prone to it everywhere. Exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate... Scrub everything red in the shower and do it in between showers if you have to. Then apply a very good non greasy moisturizer. You want to remove the dead layers of skin and then keep the skin soft. That will help prevent the hairs getting trapped as they grow. Other option is an electric razor. That's what I use alot now. It won't cut the hair below the skin so it won't get ingrown as often. However it will not be smooth to the touch and it won't last as long before it's noticeable again. It's best if you just need nonvisible hair for a few hours.

Comment

• Originally posted by huahuaying
            I am thinking about buying some wholesale water pipes from this company in China
            but I am not sure if they are legal to bring in to the states? What are the laws on water pipes, bongs, and pipes?
            what does this have to do with the subject matter unless you r bringing them in on horse back? think you may be on the wrong web site if you're looking for info on that..
            [I]a smart man learns from his mistakes..a wise man learns from the mistakes of others..[/I]

Comment

• need help, too

Originally posted by Sonora View Post
              I am a hunter jumper trainer so I understand this question real well. You should not be taking a beating especially around the clit the main reason is that your riding tense either anticipating or just not connected with the mount.

I highly recommend heels down over flex pointing those toes to the sky then sit deep the best way for me to explain is to squeeze your butt cheeks together then push down and forward rocking back on the pelvis this will take up all the shock from the trot or canter and you will find great relief.

You always want to feel that the core of your body is truly the shock absorber relax in the saddle and breath try to become one in feeling. I hope this helps and also for the shaving I did find an awesome product here is the you tube review I love it.
              hi sonora

I've been having problems very much recently regarding pubic region. My riding sessions have become more frequent and longer, sometimes trotting an hour without stirrups with heavy exercises. Once my clit got really hurt which was due to my underwear i guess. but now it seems to be repeating every time i get on my horse my clit gets hurt after a while and even scratched/wounded that takes quite a while to get well. The saddle has no problem and I really don't know what to do. also, I got little curve in my spine, much less than natural curved spine which may be affecting my seat and pubic positioning.
              Do u have any advice? 'cos i really can't go on like this

best.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
              X