Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

body sugaring vs. waxing

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• body sugaring vs. waxing

I'm just curious what the difference is between sugaring and waxing. I've heard sugaring is less painful, but doesn't get the area as smooth as waxing does. Does anybody know if this is true? Which would you do for your bikini area and why?

• sugaring vs waxing

sugaring is better then waxing. sugaring adhers to the hair not ur skin. it also let you go over the same spot more then ones. where as waxing you can not. i love sugaring you should try it.
    tori

Comment

• need more info

wow I have never heard of sugaring can someone give me more detail info

Comment

• sugaring is awesome! It's a sticky substance of sugar and lemon juice (I think!) I get nice and smooth each time! It is a lot kinder to your skin than wax. It still hurts, but it is so worth it!

Comment

• How do u do sugaring

How is done? Same way as waxing? peel it off with a cloth or plastic sheet? Need more details pls.. Tq

Comment

• sugaring

Sugaring is done with a mixture of water, lemon juice, and sugar. It actually has been done since ancient times in the Middle East and Egypt. You can make the mixture yourself if you like (much cheaper) or you can get it done professionally. It works much the same way as waxing except that it is said to cause less irritation and to be less painful to skin because the sugar only sticks to the hair, not the skin. When you start out, your hair is established, but after consistently sugaring every 4-6 weeks, the hair becomes softer and more sparse. Many women use sugaring to remove hair from the leg, upper lip, under arm, and bikini area. Although you can use it just about anywhere. Hope this helps!

Comment

• I used Parissa 2 in 1 roll on body sugar, you can use it hot or cold. It was ********, I'll stick to waxing.

Comment

• So, you mix the sugar water and lemon juice.. You put it on.. Then what? How exactly does it come off? [I've always shaved, never waxed before, so I don't even know how waxing is done]
                -[[MissGoddess]]-

Comment

• You pull it off with a cloth or plastic strip, pull the strip really fast. The faster you pull the less painful it's supposed to be. Also, when you pull it, don't pull in an upwards direction, that can bruise, pull it along the leg. And place your hand on the skin straight after, that usually stops the stinging.
                  You might want to get some from a shop first, it has instructions and I'm not sure if mixing sugar water and lemon juice is the same..

Comment

• SO I was reading this and Ihave always just shaved and kept things well groomed but i have been considering going brazillian, and I was just wondering what kind of cloth I would need to use for sugaring?

Comment

• my grandmother used to make it thick so you rolled the sugar in your hands rubbed itto a thin layer over your leg pulled then rolled it up again

Comment

• can you pull it off with a regular waxing cloth?

Comment

• Wax?

I aswell have shaved all my life. I have recently entertained the idea of waxing. Does anyone have any advice on what product I should start off trying? I am looking for something not too expensive that can be bought from a Target or something. Any advice with it would also be great!

Comment

• how to

it takes either:

1 cup sugar
                            half a lemon's juice
                            1/4 cup honey

or

2 cup sugar
                            1/4 cup lemon juice
                            1/4 cup water

mix.
                            microwave for 2-3 min.--or cook on stove until golden brown color
                            cool down to applicable temp
                            apply with something--fingers, dull knife, ect
                            a thin layer (about 1/4 inch)
                            put on a cotton strip over
                            rip off

Comment

• I was in a sams club a week and a half ago and i bought a sugaring kit from a demo team...That night I used it on my legs and under my arms and it is amazing...I usually stick to waxing- as i hate the hair regrowth from shaving- but i am just as smooth as i was day one- and it was painless! The product is called "sugar me smooth" and they have a website...though i would suggest finding out if they are going to be in your local sams club as the young ladies did a whole demo for me so that i knew exactly what i was doing...they also have the kit for a cheaper price at the demos than on the website Hope this helps!!!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                              X