Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

happy trails arnt so happy...

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• happy trails arnt so happy...

I have a line of hair that goes from my bellybutton down, and i cant get rid of it. ive tried everything i can think of (and afford); shaving doesn't work bc it doesn't get close enough and makes it worse, wax has no affect at all, hair removal creams and hair bleach just give me a terrible chemical burn, and "smooth away" hair buffers work but only some times and not for long. ive ended up just using tweezers but its almost impossible to keep up.

is there anything i can do?! its very embarrassing and i cant swim in the summer bc of it.
    Thanks

• Ugh, I have this problem as well. As of this moment, I'm just shaving it, but you can still see the little black dot where the hairs are. I guess we could always resort to electrolysis or laser removal, but there is no way I'm gonna pay for it. So the only way I'd be able to deal with it would be something from the drug store.
    Anybody have this problem too and suggestions for us? =P

Comment

• I have little hairs there as well and basically don't do a thing about it. I figure, if men think they can walk around looking like gorillas then I should be allowed some hair as well. I'm human, after all.

But have you tried waxing? Seems that the more you wax, the less the hairs grow back.

Comment

• I agree w/ Mes T - waxing is most likely the best approach if electrolysis/laser is not possible. If on strict budget, you can do that area yourself w/ wax kits from the drug store.
        P

Comment

• Originally posted by Mes_T View Post
          I have little hairs there as well and basically don't do a thing about it. I figure, if men think they can walk around looking like gorillas then I should be allowed some hair as well. I'm human, after all.
          My thoughts exactly.

Comment

• this has been completely unhelpful. but thank you

Comment

• There is a method the Indians use it's not waxing but I notice when I go to them it last longer then waxing. They use string and pull the hair up it trains the hair NOT to grow there. I think its called threading. However I don't have hair in that spot I use it for my eye brows etc
              [FONT="Book Antiqua"]Everything I'm not makes me Everything I am[/FONT];)

Comment

• thanks ill look that up :]

Comment

• Im warning you its painful! LOL I almost punched the lady in the eye that did it to me
                  [FONT="Book Antiqua"]Everything I'm not makes me Everything I am[/FONT];)

Comment

• Had that done for my eyebrows as well, in fact it's the only thing I use other than plucking them in between appointments. Very precise, isn't it! Worth the pain, ha.

Comment

• I'd suggest waxing- it should work if it's a decent enough kit and you do it right. The ones at the drugstores (the popular brand) that are pre-made strips work great for my underarms, but be warned when you do use them right, they hurt. Good luck and if all else fails, just try to be happy the way you are, as dumb as that may sound. Because if it turns out you can't do anything about it, why let it bother you and waste energy on something you can't fix?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cheshire10 View Post
                        this has been completely unhelpful. but thank you
                        Cheshire, I think what you meant by that was, you can't handle the look, you want it gone, at least I hope so, because the people that replied were actually sharing simular stories and stating basically that we should accept ourselves how we are and love and embrase that.

They do.. So, actually that is helpful.

Don't disregard that honestly, we all have things we don't like about ourselves... but don't work yourself up..

CW
                        PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• If tweezing is the only thing that has been working, have you tried an automatic tweezer? I used one that I saw on an infomercial called "Tweeze." It plucks really fast but isn't very precise at all. I think it would work well for your needs though!

Comment

• I have the same problem I find it really embarrassing i make a joke out of it with my bf but my god i want it gone! I'm worried about doing anything because im scared the hair will grow back quicker and thicker :/

Comment

• Originally posted by Cheshire10 View Post
                              I have a line of hair that goes from my bellybutton down, and i cant get rid of it. ive tried everything i can think of (and afford); shaving doesn't work bc it doesn't get close enough and makes it worse, wax has no affect at all.....................

How come wax has no effect at all?? Of course it has effects, it removes your hair like crazy, ha! but it grows back in two weeks.. only need to wax again though. It's the best way rather than shaving. Shaving causes ingrown hairs -_-
                              Last edited by pocari; 08-28-2010, 10:45 AM. Reason: quote added
                              Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower. ~Hans Christian Anderson

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                              X