Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ideas for removing hair down there

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• ideas for removing hair down there

I want to completely shave my vagina. I was wondering if you had any suggestions for how to do this. What razor is best; electric battery powered, something like the venus breeze, or a disposable? And I just don't know if I could bring myself to do a wax especially on that part on my body.
    I was considering having my butt and my butt crack waxed but I'm scared that it might hurt. Any ideas?
    Thanks

• Here is my account on Brazilian wax, you might want to read.

http://www.womens-health.com/boards/...ilian-wax.html

Also, read more threads and then comeback and tell us what you think (after considering their stories).

It was a sacrifice, believe me. But now, I am keeping it smooth with an occasional shave and plucks here and there. (hurts at first, but your skin will "remember" it and will soon adjust).

Comment

• Unlike Cat, I'm not brave enough to wax down there.

I shave. I have an electric Body Bare razor that I love. Little bit of baby powder and you can shave away. I use a regular razor too. I kind of trade back and forth between the two.

Comment

• of course, waxing hurts at first. but, the more you wax, the less pain you receive. I've been waxing my Cat for how many years and the hair doesn't grow anymore. why? because the follicles are too much damaged after being waxed for many times. I don't like razor or shaving because it just makes the hair more thicker and its so itchy.

Comment

• Hair removal

Laser **EDIT** may be a misnomer because the Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) epilators used in the process use xenon flash lamps, not lasers, to emit full spectrum light. However, modern processes involve the use of laser and other high-power light-based methods. The processes are known as phototricholysis or photoepilation, but are collectively best known as "laser hair removal".
          Last edited by caterpillar79; 01-31-2010, 05:22 PM. Reason: Posting outbound links result in banning as per forum FAQ/rules.

Comment

• i just posted a thread cuz im waxing mine.. i don't really recommend shaving... im not sure if thats a common thing to do or not but i don't like it cuz when it grows back it feels weird against the underwear and you can get ingrown hairs...

Comment

• The easiest way I've found is heat based treatment like the NO NO Hair Remover. It's really easy to use and doesn't hurt at all. Aside from that, don't knock depilatory creams until you've tried them although be careful which one you choose as some people's skin reacts badly to some creams on the market.

Hope this helps.

Ally

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Naked attention

Would you go to a nudist beach/resort?...

01-17-2020, 06:58 PM By MrMr
              • BC or perimenopausal

Hi All,

pls help educate me. My wife has some months ago had all the symptoms of either, some form of birth control...

01-16-2020, 05:38 PM By StormySea
              • Oral Sex leading to Sinus Issues

After my husband performs oral sex on me (female), he will almost always wake up with a stuffy nose the day after and feel as if a cold is coming on....

01-11-2020, 12:50 AM By Cb16
              • Sent home from hospital with no answers. HELP

if anyone has shared the same experience as myself please please drop a comment, firstly I’ve had a dull pain in my lower right side for a week now,...

01-10-2020, 09:54 AM By Goggle1
              • Encouraging twins to sleep

My sister has just delivered adorable twins. Can they sleep in the same crib or it is better to put them apart? I know that it can be hard to fit two...

01-09-2020, 08:20 AM By Hannah Bagrich
              Working...
              X