Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Embarrasing Back Hair!

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Embarrasing Back Hair!

Okay so I have quite a bit of hair on my upper and lower back, Im not too sure which way would be best to remove the hair. Keeping in mind im only 18, my hair is dark so its very noticeable.. I cant have my hair up if i'm wearing a tanktop or bikini, it just shows everything

• Wax is your friend. Just go to a salon and get it all waxed off! I believe you get it waxed every 4 weeks (thats how long between my eyebrow waxing anyway)
    "I might be a little young, but honey I ain't naive"
    "If it ain't an APBT, it's just a dog"

Comment

• I would think twice before you do anything, even waxing. Most of the choices out there could work temporarily, but you will have to continually follow up with it throughout your life and could eventually become an unwanted hair-removal ritual. Things you should not do: Shave, tweeze, wax, or use nair. One thing you can try is creme hair bleach...it lightens the hair dramatically, doesn't take too long, and it works...but you'll probably have to do it once/twice a week, or, if you're lucky, only once a month. A very good permanent solution would be electrolysis, if you have the money. Since your hair is very dark (like mine), it may take many sessions to completely get rid of all the hair, but once you're done, you'll probably only have to go for touch-ups for a few stray hairs once every couple months. Also, if you do choose electrolysis, the hair will come off MUCH faster if you haven't messed with it (eg. shaving, waxing, etc.) Electrolysis is painful, but if you're determined to be happy and to get rid of the hair, the pain is worth it for a lifetime of your back being hair-free with no daily maintenence required. I wish you much luck and send me a reply if you have any more questions. I really hope I've helped.
      Last edited by Aly3; 02-23-2010, 08:10 AM.

Comment

• Some women dye/bleach it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aly3 View Post
          I would think twice before you do anything, even waxing. Most of the choices out there could work temporarily, but you will have to continually follow up with it throughout your life and could eventually become an unwanted hair-removal ritual. Things you should not do: Shave, tweeze, wax, or use nair. One thing you can try is creme hair bleach...it lightens the hair dramatically, doesn't take too long, and it works...but you'll probably have to do it once/twice a week, or, if you're lucky, only once a month. A very good permanent solution would be electrolysis, if you have the money. Since your hair is very dark (like mine), it may take many sessions to completely get rid of all the hair, but once you're done, you'll probably only have to go for touch-ups for a few stray hairs once every couple months. Also, if you do choose electrolysis, the hair will come off MUCH faster if you haven't messed with it (eg. shaving, waxing, etc.) Electrolysis is painful, but if you're determined to be happy and to get rid of the hair, the pain is worth it for a lifetime of your back being hair-free with no daily maintenence required. I wish you much luck and send me a reply if you have any more questions. I really hope I've helped.
          now i learned a lesson from you. i would share this thing to my teen. thanks for sharing

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
          X