Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hair EVERYWHERE! :'(

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Hair EVERYWHERE! :'(

Okay, so this is really embarrassing, but I have hair everywhere, even though I'm only 14. I even have hair on my boobs, my tummy, my back, my neck, and my butt! And it's quite a bit of hair. On my boobs, it's not just around the nipple, it's over the whole area. I have hair spread all over my tummy, not just one little line going down. The hair on my neck makes a pretty thick line down my back, and there are slightly finer hairs (but they are still there and still noticeable) on the rest of my back and my bum. Hair is all over my bum, not just the crack.

I want to be a virgin until marriage, so I don't have to worry about any boyfriends seeing my hairiness anytime soon, but I would like to wear a bikini and tie up my hair in a high ponytail without worrying about my neck hair.

I don't think I have PCOS because I get my period every month, and I think if you have PCOS, your periods will be irregular? And about the ethnicity thing, I'm Asian, and I think Asians are generally supposed to have less hair, but I'm an exception. I have a 14-year-old friend who doesn't even have ARMPIT HAIR.

Sorry for the long post, but please help! I don't know what I should do!
    Last edited by missyfish; 02-04-2010, 08:00 AM. Reason: mistake

• Hello

MissyFish,

I know how you feel...maybe you can try some hair waxing techniques? I am very skeptic about it a few months ago but i got a great advice from a friend who taught me great techniques to do it and now i dont have even a tiny problem about it... you might wnat to check and check out how these can help

Good luck !
    Last edited by WildChild; 02-16-2010, 08:12 PM. Reason: removed soft link

Comment

• Yeah, I do wax my legs, but nothing else. Won't it grow back funny and kinda prickly if I wax my tummy, back, and bum? And I'm scared to tie my hair and wear certain tops sometimes coz of the line of hair on my back going down my back.

Comment

• It wont

No, it wont grow back pricky and ugly...I have hair line at the back of my neck going down to my spine...looks ugly when wearing bikini or bathing suit... but now, the hairs are less visible and almost totally as if nothing was there... try it out for yourself

Comment

• Don't be too dishearten it is more common than you think
          waxing will thin the regrowth over time
          you are not all the way through pubity yet so chances are there maybe changes
          if it's still bad when u are older u can go for laser threatment if you've got the money

Comment

• I do agree that you still have a long way to go Missy...but then dont be too worried...Im sure all will be fine...when you do something, it will surely have results...

Comment

• I sure hope so, guys. And where exactly do you wax, dale91?

Comment

• Hair sucks

I feel your pain. I have had unwanted hair since I was 12. I have always had it on my upper lip and now that I am 24 it has gradually shown up on my neck and the sides of my face. I recommend you get checked by a Dr. I have never been checked yet, but plan on going as soon as I can. You don't want to deal with this burden any more then you have to. I am married and I always hide this from my husband. I don't care how sweet of a person he would be about this, because it makes you feel gross no matter what. Go get checked and let me know how things turn out. This is a horrible thing to deal with. Don't shave it though!

Comment

• I feel your pain missy! I was the same way- 1st thing i can tell you- Listen to Brittanywrd- DONT SHAVE IT...i made that mistake in my early teens- and it made it soooo much worse!!! I have blond blond hair on my head and was growing dark hair on my chest and on my boobs....Never shave...Waxing has always been a friend to me- but it can be expensive at times....Ive just begun sugaring- and so far it has the same effects of waxing but its cheaper- you can do it in the privacy of your own home- its not painful- and supposedly after a few applications your hair growth diminishes (i can let you know if thats true or not in a few more applications).....I still pluck unwanted hair around my nipples and the occasional chin hair (they both grow in jet black for some reason)...I actually went to a doctor around 16 because my acne and hair growth were sooo bad my mother thought it may have been a hormonal disorder..but i am now 28 and my skin is clear and "my fur" (as my fiance loving calls it when i wait to long to wax or sugar) is now increadibly less than it was....

Sorry this is so long- but i can understand what you are going through- the bottom line is there are things you can control and things you cant...You need to own everything about yourself and love it. Dont be afraid of what a man will someday feel about your "hairiness" (although it is a cute word) because if you are confident in who you are and love yourself- the right man will love it alll too!

Comment

• Thanks for your help, guys! Okay I won't shave.

kater247: That's good to know! And I don't think I can pluck the hair on my boobs it would take 60 years. But what's sugaring?

Comment

• i have the same exact issues hun and im almost 16 ive been checked but i wanna go back to the doctor and talk about it laser does not work so dont get itt

Comment

• Can doctors do anything to reduce the body hair?

Comment

• Please do not say that laser does not work. It does not work for everyone but it can be life changing for many people.

Laser changed my life. My legs looked worse than a mans and laser got rid of 95% of the hair on them. I had treatments with the Light Sheer laser and it worked very well.

Comment

• sugaring is just another way of waxing basically they rip it off hands on rather than a paper strip does hurt tho but worth it! best advise deffo dont shave i did the same and now trying out laser but finding it v painful n getting burn marks everywhere wax dont shave from the start! good luck

Comment

• Completely agree, I started shaving the horrid hairs inbetween my breasts and around my nipples, around my belly-button and my lower back at the age of 13 ... Not a good idea. The hair grew back faster and faster every time, and i started gettin ingrown hairs and little lumps everywhere. Do proffesional places wax areas like mine? oh what to do ???

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                              X