Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

unwanted hair issue

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• unwanted hair issue

I have not been to a Dr. to officially diagnose me with something, but I know I have herutism of some sort. It started when I was 12. I got darker hair on my upper lip and if I didn't nair it off I would have to avoid getting close to people. A couple times throughout my life i have had people notice and they make you feel so disgusting. The hair has stayed consistent on my upper lip until into my twenties. One time though in high school, my boyfriend saw a stray hair on my upper neck. The hair was distinct and I thought he was going to dump me or be disgusted because I was. I have always had a good amount of self esteem and am proud of the accomplishments I have made alongside this problem, but it is never ending!!! As of a year ago I have been getting random hair on my neck, and sides of my face. I even had acne around my jaw line in conjunction with it at one point when I was extremely stressed out. I have never had acne before. I have switched birth controls but have always had a consistency of hair. I got a few laser treatments done prior to me moving last year and I thought it would work, but I must be having hormonal issues because it didn't do anything. I know I need to see a Dr. It has surfaced back to the point where I just want to hide and cry. I hide it from my husband the best I can with hair removal cremes. My mom and a couple close people know about it but it doesn't change it. I always think, "what if I was stranded on an island without nair? with my husband!! He would see the real me, the gross facial haired chick! or what about when I get pregnant or hit metapause! How bad will it be then!" I feel like I will have to move to some far away land alone where noone will see this. I am an attractive woman but this hair issue has taken my emotions on a role! I have always been honest with my husband about issues, but I refuse to tell him about this. This is my burden and I deal with enough pain from it as it is.

• great hair tips:
    Laser Hair Removal
    Laser hair removal uses a low energy laser. Beaming the laser on small areas of your skin basically destroys the hair follicle and impairs its growth. Laser hair removal is done by beaming a specified wavelength of light from a handpiece into the skin, where it targets dark material (usually the pigment in hair).

Sona Laser Hair Removal
    The Sona laser hair removal professionals use several state-of-the-art lasers to ensure the best results for patients' differing skin and hair types.

Henna hair dye and Henna paste
    Henna is the most popular natural colourants. It is easily available and easy to use. It conditions hair and has great protective and restoration powers. Such quality have made henna one of the most versatile ingredients.

Your Brushes & Combs
    To get the most natural-looking streak-free blush application, hold your brush by placing your fingers just above the metal section of the handle.

Comment

• hey Friend!
      I might not be an expert to give you any suggestion in such situation but i would want to just say "never be disappointed with yourself. Be contented with what you have and face it with patience. Go to doctor with a feel that you will get rid of that and you will see soon it all will be over.
      Share it with your husband as i am sure he loves you with all your goodness and you faults

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Naked attention

Tv show naked attraction.

Will you judge my naked body?

Today, 06:58 PM By MrMr
      • BC or perimenopausal

Hi All,

pls help educate me. My wife has some months ago had all the symptoms of either, some form of birth control...

Yesterday, 05:38 PM By StormySea
      • Oral Sex leading to Sinus Issues

After my husband performs oral sex on me (female), he will almost always wake up with a stuffy nose the day after and feel as if a cold is coming on....

01-11-2020, 12:50 AM By Cb16
      • Sent home from hospital with no answers. HELP

if anyone has shared the same experience as myself please please drop a comment, firstly I’ve had a dull pain in my lower right side for a week now,...

01-10-2020, 09:54 AM By Goggle1
      • Encouraging twins to sleep

My sister has just delivered adorable twins. Can they sleep in the same crib or it is better to put them apart? I know that it can be hard to fit two...

01-09-2020, 08:20 AM By Hannah Bagrich
      Working...
      X