Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brazillian :/

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Brazillian :/

I really thinking about going Brazillian I hate having hair down there it's just so annoying and itchy and uncomfortable >.< Normally I use hair removal cream but I can only really use it on the sides and top so I really want it ALL gone. Very scared though lol how much will it hurt/how long does it take to grow back/does it grow back all prickly? Any advice welcome! X
    "Where Bright Lights and Angels meet.."

• I won't lie to you - a Brazillian can be quite painful. However, a useful tip is to ask the clinician to apply the strips to smaller areas at a time.

The good news is that after the first few times, it gets much less painful. Usually hair grows back in around 4 weeks but some people can go as long as 6 weeks.

Hope this helps.

Ally

Comment

• Originally posted by HairRemoverQeen View Post
      I won't lie to you - a Brazillian can be quite painful. However, a useful tip is to ask the clinician to apply the strips to smaller areas at a time.

The good news is that after the first few times, it gets much less painful. Usually hair grows back in around 4 weeks but some people can go as long as 6 weeks.

Hope this helps.

Ally
      Thanks for the reply I got a jar of hot wax and am going to try it a couple of hours (GULP)

Comment

• Same here If I could only get rid of all the hair down there! Lol.

I only trim but I am also thinking of waxing..let me know how it went!
        Hope it didn't hurt much

Comment

• Originally posted by mommyJ View Post
          Same here If I could only get rid of all the hair down there! Lol.

I only trim but I am also thinking of waxing..let me know how it went!
          Hope it didn't hurt much
          Pussied out haha I couldn't gain the courage to pull it off full whelp so pulled it off with only half the force WRECKED! So I said feck it and went back to my hair removal cream, still Brazillian just didn't have to wax it lol

Comment

• Try getting it done at a salon - I find it hurts MUCH less when someone else does it, and it's over with quicker as well. Then you dont have the annoying problem of stubble like when you shave/use creams.

Comment

• Originally posted by hanni View Post
              Try getting it done at a salon - I find it hurts MUCH less when someone else does it, and it's over with quicker as well. Then you dont have the annoying problem of stubble like when you shave/use creams.
              Yeah I might do that, it's just so much harder trying to do it yourself!

Comment

• True sometimes it's less painful when someone does it for you.

Comment

• Getting all of your hair waxed can be very painful. Make sure your hair is grown out, but not too long. Also, if it's too short they won't be able to take the hair out.

Since then, waxing is a breeze: Eyebrows, legs, underarms, stomach, bikini line... all of that is nothing compared to a brazilian. I'm not trying to scare you, but it is the most painful place to get waxed in my experience, so be careful.
                  "A loving heart is the truest wisdom"-Charles Dickens

"True love stories never have endings." - Richard Bach

"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." - Ghandi

Wait for the guy who would do anything to be your everything <3

Comment

• I've never been waxed "down there" - but honestly didn't think that you could use creams there.... Is it like Nair? I didn't think that you could use that in such "personal" areas.... would love to know what you use - am sick of shaving!!!!

Waxing scares me. I "pussied out" (great use of the phase by the way!) too last year. My friend and I had shots of liquor before we went to the salon, but even with the "Dutch Courage" we couldn't do it!

I have a pretty high pain tolerance, but there's just something about THAT area that makes me wince.

Comment

• "Dutch Courage" - Love it!!

Everyone has different pain sensitivities, an I sure understand not being able to tolerate waxing. Did you get the process started at all?

If you're gonna try again, or try other things that involve pulling hairs out or more permanent stuff like laser or electrolysis, take 800 mg ibuprophin about 1 hour before your appointment. That may take enough of the edge off, tho it will still hurt.
                      P

Comment

• I shave all mine off myself. Contrary to what a lot of women say and expereince, Shaving mine is absolutly fine. It doesnt itch at all - even when its growing back it doesnt itch. When it does start to grow back, even when its really short hairs, there are never any issues with giving it a once over again with the razor. no bleeding, no rashes, no nothing.

Maybe im just one of the lucky ones.
                        "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - Chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO-HOO what a ride!!"
                        "I dream about being with you forever." - Twilight

Comment

• Originally posted by Joey View Post
                          I shave all mine off myself. Contrary to what a lot of women say and expereince, Shaving mine is absolutly fine. It doesnt itch at all - even when its growing back it doesnt itch. When it does start to grow back, even when its really short hairs, there are never any issues with giving it a once over again with the razor. no bleeding, no rashes, no nothing.

Maybe im just one of the lucky ones.
                          Yeah you're lucky, maybe I just don't know how to shave properly as I always get hurt with the razor and when the hair is growing I feel so uncomfortable and they seem to grow right after a few hours lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by p3375 View Post
                            "Dutch Courage" - Love it!!

Everyone has different pain sensitivities, an I sure understand not being able to tolerate waxing. Did you get the process started at all?

If you're gonna try again, or try other things that involve pulling hairs out or more permanent stuff like laser or electrolysis, take 800 mg ibuprophin about 1 hour before your appointment. That may take enough of the edge off, tho it will still hurt.
                            P
                            Nope.... didn't even get the process started.... went in, checked in, looked at my friend with wide eyes.... apologized to the receptionist, and left... WE intentionally went to a salon that we'd never go to normally - so we wouldn't have to walk back again as "those girls who couldn't handle getting their bushes whacked!"

It never occurred to me to actually take a pain reliever! Where have you been for all of my life!

Comment

• Haha drinking beforehand is any interesting way to handle it. lmao!

If you really hate shaving, and you say you have a high pain-tolerance, than you have nothing to lose- except for unwanted hair! =]
                              "A loving heart is the truest wisdom"-Charles Dickens

"True love stories never have endings." - Richard Bach

"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." - Ghandi

Wait for the guy who would do anything to be your everything <3

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                              X