Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

a rash when i shave below?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• a rash when i shave below?

everytime i shave below with a razor i come out in a rash and it starts to bleed, then once its stopped bleeding it leaves little spots all over. it is so unattractive and gets me down, does anyone know what i could do to avoid this?

• 1.Shave WITH the growth of the hair
    2.NEVER go over the same spot more than once or twice
    3.Put on some baby powder or oil down there after you bath/shower
    4.Make sure the razor is not new.New blades,cause sometimes cause bigger rashes.

5.Every try waxing?? It works better than shaving i think!

Comment

• i've never tried waxing no, scared of the pain i suppose haha
      i think it may have something to do with the razor i'm using, it's a pretty cheap one.
      i just can't seem to find any razors that are REALLY good.

Comment

• Venus razors are win, a little pricey, but worth it. I get rashes on my bikini line if I don't shave right too, sometimes I still get them, ganna have to try the baby powder. Goodgirl has it right, I think the most important thing is shaving with the direction of the hair, versus against it (note that most commercials showing shaving, are shaving against the natural growth of hair, which is bad).
        When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.
        ~Sri Chimnoy Ghose

Comment

• better to waxed it up ..when you shave , the same things happen so better go for sure ..

Comment

• Originally posted by Goodgirl93 View Post
            1.Shave WITH the growth of the hair
            2.NEVER go over the same spot more than once or twice
            3.Put on some baby powder or oil down there after you bath/shower
            4.Make sure the razor is not new.New blades,cause sometimes cause bigger rashes.

5.Every try waxing?? It works better than shaving i think!
            Waxing scares me, but these 4 "rules" are sacred.... follow them, and I'd suggest the powder, or as odd as it sounds corn starch after! Oil could clog the folicles, but still a good idea.

Comment

• I've never tried powder afterwards - is that better than lotion? That's what i always do.

I find when I shave WITH the growth of the hair, it leaves stubble.

I agree on not using a brand new razor though, it's like it shaves off part of the skin, makes little bleeding spots.

Comment

• I get the same problem! I don't use lotion because of the alcohol in it, it causes more irritation. Personally I use neosporine and even had my boyfriend start using it when he shaves...Only think I could get to work.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                X