Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pubic Hair Styles

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Pubic Hair Styles

Hi everyone, im a 19yr old female and am finally considering shaving all my pubic hair off, up until now i have always just trimmed. I hear more about how clean and good it feels. My question is what style do you women/girls keep your pubic hair and when did you start doing it? Is it just a phase or are women maintaining this for in their later years? Ive wanted to ask my mom her opinion but am too embarrassed.

• I hate hair down there and I like the feeling of it being all smooth but every once and awhile I decide to grow out a little patch (landing strip) but never will I go back to hair in all crevices again lol. Its totally an individual thing and since hair can grow back within the week usually you can try out a bunch of different 'patterns' I suppose to see what you like.
    There are those who believe that dictionaries should not merely reflect the times but also protect English from the mindless assaults of the trendy.

Comment

• Like ItsASecret, I usually shave it all off, if its not shaven off I have a patch. Sometimes a strip, sometimes a triangle shape, depends how I feel. I would hate having lots of hair down there. I see the appeal of being all natural, but its certainly not for me. Ive shaved pretty much since it grew.

Comment

• Originally posted by Little.Chuck View Post
        Sometimes a strip, sometimes a triangle shape.
        The other day I heard those styles referred to as a "Frito" and a "Dorito".

Comment

• I like it completely bare. Feel dirty when I have hair there for some reason =/

Comment

• I ended up getting a male brazzilian last week for my wife, and the oddest thing, but I think I really like it, and it feels great!
            ...and the wife? She went bonkers for it! This may very well become a regular thing with me/us.
            Colorado

Comment

• i've been shaving since i was 15, i just love the feeling of being all smooth down there, at one point a year ago i was getting waxed so i had a small heart at the top, but in got to expensive to keep that up, so now im back to shaving, i keep a little landing strip up top..

It's also a hygiene thing, hair can trap odor, another good reason to shave it off..

Comment

• Don't be embarrassed, ask your mom! I'm a mom and would not be embarrassed if my daughter asked me that question. I'd be very happy if she's ask me about that (or something, or anything actually)!

Comment

• I have a full bush of pubic hair and love it, my husband thinks it is sexy.

Comment

• i like it completely smooth ..it feels so sensuous, but..and a big but (not butt) you have to shave daily to maintain it, im thinking about waxing as it lasts longer...but im not sure if i can stand the pain!

Comment

• I usually wax only a little before the end of my bikini botoms. Before, i tried shaving but it gave me razor bumps that irritated a lot! And i couldnt shave for like two weeks until it cleared. You girls dont get razor bumps?

Comment

• I don't get razor bumps and I like to shave in the shower. Tried waxing once and it was just too painful!! haha

I usually keep a strip up top but I did shave it all off for a while and I really liked the feel. My hubby at the time thought it looked too much like a little girl's private parts so I grew it back....hmmmm......maybe it's time to shave it all off again!

"Take the first step in faith - You don't have to see the whole staircase - just take the first step."
                        - Martin Luther King Jr.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                        X