Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stomach hair :s

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Stomach hair :s

So when i was 13 or so i noticed stomach hair coming in, and was embarissed to wear a bathing suit.... so i shaved, being happy with the results i shaved it again... and again... and again. my stomach hair now seems much worse that it ever has been, and i even have it above my belly button and its dark brown and looks so weird ! none of my friends look like this ! what should i do thats inexpensive and most effective.. im dying here !

• I feel your pain. I have the same thing. Use an electric razor to shave, you'll never get razor burn like you will with manual razor. Also, you can go to get lazer hair removal, that should work.

Extra hair growth is called Hirutism, I believe. It's a hormone imbalance and more common then you might think.

Comment

• I've got a little bit of that. If I'm in a hurry I shave, otherwise waxing lasts for quite a while.

Comment

• Waxing is much much better than shaving..shaving cleanse the surface of the skin whereas wax pulls out from roots..constant use of wax would make a difference..

Comment

• I once burt my hair on my stomach with a lighter, there were only a few and they were very blond. When it grew back they were black and now they grow really long if you don't pluck em' out. I was so silly!
          peace, love and cha cha cha!

Comment

• I have this same problem but i think its better to let the hair there because if you put it out it will grow stronger right?

Comment

• hair doesnt actually grow in stronger and darker like people say. Hirutism **i think thats how its spelled** happens a lot, mostly on the stomach, breasts, and back. I have been shaving the hair from my stomach for about 3 years and it grows back the same color and strength. Electric razors are most useful, they dont leave razor burn. Waxing will keep it off longer if you wanna wait a few weeks before trying to get it off.
              The trauma of abuse is never fully gone from a person's consciousness. Its filthy stain leaves its residue on the soul forever.

Comment

• You need to wax your stomach, all your hairs will be ripped off. Don't worry it doesn't even pain. It hardly take minutes to do this things. Go to a beauty parlour for doing this. It comes because of hormones and it is natural seen in many girls.

Comment

• I got them there too, I have dark hair, since its winter, I can't tan, ( nor will I go to the tanning beds) I get kinda embarrassed if my bf sees it, ( and i live with him ) I said to him " sorry I'm not going to shave it " he said " its okay baby we all have it, plus it would get worse if you do anyways " I was already determind not to, one less thing to shave eh? ^^

I wouldn't worry bout it too much unless you have one of the hairs where you can see it standing kinda far away.... like ya know... that man on the beach last summer?

Lol <3

Comment

• You are really needed to wax your stomach; every your hair will be ripped off. Don't worry it doesn't even ache. It only just takes minutes to do these things. Go to a beauty parlor for responsibility this

Comment

• where can i find a woman with all the extra hair. i've always been attracted to women with excessive hair, but none of my girlfriends ever grow it for me.

Comment

• I have this problem too! I just gave up really...You should be happy with your own body. Easier said than done, I know.
                        One thing I've heard is to put lemon juice on it and lay out in the sun. That's what I'm doing this summer! ;-)
                        Shaving, plucking, waxing will only make it worse. And chemicals from bleaches aren't the best for your skin, so why not try something natural?
                        "Hurt myself again today and the worst part is there's no one else to blame."

Comment

• I don't care about my belly hair anymore. If people don't like it then too bad! My boyfriend doesn't care about it at all and even plays with it sometimes out of good humor.

Body hair on girls is totally natural, but for some reason it's highly discouraged. It'd be cool if girls didn't have to shave their entire bodies to feel beautiful.

Comment

• You can try something at home, its cheaper than professional laser hair removal its called the TRIA. I ordered it about 2 weeks ago and read very good reviews. Its laser hair removal you can try yourself. I have not seen any big results yet, but according to reviews in 6-8 months your hair should be completly gone. if you want to know more info on it go on google an type in TRIA hair removal

Comment

• I agree with what has been said. Shaving thickens the hair and constant waxing reduces the hair.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                              X