Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

major facial hair problem

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• major facial hair problem

I have a pretty bad problem with hair on my upper lip and chin. Nothing works for me. Not bleaching. Not Nair or Veet or something like that. The only way I can take care of is to tweeze it or wax it. Recently when I went to the salon to get waxed I was talking to the lady about lazer hair removal and other procedures I could possibly do. She said the lazer doesn't work and electralysis is REALLY expensive. I don't know how much it cost, but I bet it will more than I can afford. I don't normally wear make up. I usually go all natural, but recently I've been buying foundation to try to cover up my hair problem. I have plenty of hair on my face, but lost hair on my head. I am not loosing hair anymore. That stopped long ago. Because of the hair loss I have a little bald spot on the back of my head. I've been to several doctors in the past, but no one could tell me why. I am 26 by the way. Rogain and other stuff like that does not work. I am perfectly fine with my bald spot. It doesn't bother to have other people notice it. I don't want a wig or anything. I am just asking for advice. What do you guys suggest?

• Sounds like PCOS to me. The facial hair in combination with head hair loss is characteristic of polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS).

Are you overweight?
    Do you frequently miss periods?

Have you had your hormone levels all checked? If not, please do. Google PCOS and do a little research on your own too. Talk with your doctor about this. If this is the problem, there are medicines and lifestyle changes to help regulate it.
    "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• I just read one of your other threads about trying unsuccessfully to have a baby...and it makes me think PCOS even more.

Comment

• I am regular periods and I am of normal weight

Comment

• Have you had all your hormone levels checked?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
          X