Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pubic hair?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• pubic hair?

i'm really unsure what to do about this. i'm really only just starting to kind of become interested in being sexually active and i've become really self conscious about my body hair. especially in my pubic area. see, i have sicilian heritage so i have kind of olive skin and really dark hair and therefore really THICK dark pubic hair. mostly i don't worry about it. i never shaved it, but i keep it trimmed really short and neat. i'm confused about what to do with it though. would guys rather that i didn't have anything there? what if i gross them out or something? the only thing is i HATE shaving there. it's such a fiddly, annoying area and really sensitive, i get scared of nicking myself. because my hairs so dark you can still see and feel all the stubble anyway and it's just as bad. i would never ever get a brazillian (i've had enough painful experiences with leg waxing). part of me wants to get rid of it but the other part of me wonders if guys really mind. do i really have to be 100% hairless? shaving my legs and everything else is annoying enough, for the sake of vanity. i have hit puberty, aren't i allowed to have hair there if i at least keep it neat?

• Do a search, you will find several threads that discuss this subject. Bottom line? There is no one answer, every person has their own preference and someone really cares about you, they won't care about this.

Comment

• I agree with wild child!!!! It depends what you prefer. I think as long as you trim it should be fine

Comment

• Originally posted by jess3391 View Post
        i'm really unsure what to do about this. i'm really only just starting to kind of become interested in being sexually active and i've become really self conscious about my body hair. especially in my pubic area. see, i have sicilian heritage so i have kind of olive skin and really dark hair and therefore really THICK dark pubic hair. mostly i don't worry about it. i never shaved it, but i keep it trimmed really short and neat. i'm confused about what to do with it though. would guys rather that i didn't have anything there? what if i gross them out or something? the only thing is i HATE shaving there. it's such a fiddly, annoying area and really sensitive, i get scared of nicking myself. because my hairs so dark you can still see and feel all the stubble anyway and it's just as bad. i would never ever get a brazillian (i've had enough painful experiences with leg waxing). part of me wants to get rid of it but the other part of me wonders if guys really mind. do i really have to be 100% hairless? shaving my legs and everything else is annoying enough, for the sake of vanity. i have hit puberty, aren't i allowed to have hair there if i at least keep it neat?
        With olive skin tones and dark hair, I would naturally expect a girl like you to have very dark pubic hair. I think most guys would realize this. I don't have a strong preference as to short or long or in between. Do what is comfortable for you.
        I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
        Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
        X