Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

depressed with facial hair growth & scars

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• depressed with facial hair growth & scars

I noticed blonde hairs on my chin and face when i was 13/14 and trimmed them down, and they've gradually got worse, ive been told im showing signs of pco but never been fully diagnosed as apparently you need 3 problems before they can say you've got it, i have 2, one being hair growth.

I'm now at the stage in my life where im plucking all the time, if i pluck at night, more hairs have grown back and i need to pluck again in the morning! My life just seems to revolve around this, my face is all red and scared under and on my chin, which i do try hard to cover with make up but nothing covers it. if i catch myself looking in a mirror in sunlight, to me all i see is hairs on my chin.

I have been given vaniqa from the doctor and used this, but my skin seemed to get dry, and redder with this. Under my chin where i pluck, seem to be ingrown hairs coming through underneath a raised red tender area, when i do manage to get the hairs out they can be thick and a cm long!

I'm just so fed up of this, its ruining my life, and i just seem to keep my head down, trying to avoid others noticing. I cant help but notice other peoples smooth perfect hairless chins!!

• i'm not 26, so talking of 12/13 years x

Comment

• You mean you are now 26 and this has been going on for 12 - 13 years

I don't know the answer for you, I have an annoying one at the side of my mouth I pull but only maybe once a year, someone will have a solution for you, hang about, it's the weekend
      PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• yeah 26 now, sorry i didnt make any sense!

Thanks

Comment

• Bumping please..
          PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• hi,
            I like to suggest you something but tell me first, are they increasing ?
            if yes then you have hormonal disturbance, and you should treat it as soon as possible
            are you over weight ? because this increase hormonal disturbance probability.
            are you taking spicy and oily food more than usual.
            because all the above things leads to hormonal disturbance (steroid hormone)
            which is the reason for facial hair.

If you want to take treatment for this facial hair then let me tell it is just a symptom and not the actual problem go for laser treatment for the treatment of this symptom,
            and for actual hormonal disturbance go for homeopathic medicinal treatment.
            Smoking is injurious to health

Comment

• Well what i previously forgot to mention in this thread, was that i have thinning hair also, and hair thats snapped in places. At the beginning of the year i had blood tests to check, hormones, diabetes, thyroid etc, because of my hair, all results were fine. I was recommended by the doctor to take Lysine, Vitamin C and Ferous Sulphate to help encourage my hair to grow. I did ask if my hair growth and hair loss were connected to the pco, she said no< she also gave me vaniqa for my facial hair growth.

Since taking the tablets on a day to day basis to help, my hairdressers thinks it has helped slightly on my crown area, it has a little. However whether its me becoming more conscious of my facial hair, or whether it is actually growing due to these tablets.

I was told to lose weight, i have lost nearly 3 stone in about 6/7 months healthily.

Due to my increasing concern, i visited a different doctor today and she is refering me to a dermtologist. When asked if my hair loss was connected to pco she said ''dont know'', my next question , are the tablets to help my hair growth, encouraging hair to grow on my chin, her reply ''dont know'', she didnt want to refer me to a gynacologist because my periods are normal now, but i do have cysts on my ovaries, and am becoming more concerned that my symptoms are stronger now then ever.

I feel very confused, the doctors cant give me an answer whether i have pco or now, im just showing several signs.

Comment

• i know a lot of girls with annoying facial hair, they had laser and now they have nothing. pure skin.
                so to take care of the hair get laser treatment.
                one of the girls with facial hair problem, had cysts on her ovaries, she also had hair in other locations, like between the breasts, and she gets her period like once every 2-3 months, her doctor told her that she has nothing to worry about.
                so it could be just you cysts... i wouldve checked with another doctor if i were you, go see a gynecologist

Comment

• i know a lot of girls with annoying facial hair, they had laser and now they have nothing. pure skin.
                  so to take care of the hair get laser treatment.
                  one of the girls with facial hair problem, had cysts on her ovaries, she also had hair in other locations, like between the breasts, and she gets her period like once every 2-3 months, her doctor told her that she has nothing to worry about.
                  so it could be just you cysts... i wouldve checked with another doctor if i were you, go see a gynecologist

Comment

• I like natural solutions myself. Drink gree tea in the mornings with soymilk. It seems that green tea helps to reduce hair growth. Also do a facial scrub from either soy flour or garbanzo flour -- mix the flour with a little water to from a paste and scrub you face with it. This will help with acne, brown spots, and will also slow hair growth.There are so many solutions for getting rid of hair growth -- do your research on the net and go for one. I would look into the elos hair removal (syeron.com) it says it can be used on all skin tones and minimally-pigmented hair colors. There is also a new technology. Its called the Selectif Pro by Applisonix.com. It uses ultrasound and it supposedly works on all hair colors. Good luck

Comment

• Laser treatment can be pretty expensive, have you tried facial hair bleaching?
                      I use it because I've got dark hair and it makes the hair far less noticable. I've never waxed on my face because I have a fear that it would grow back darker and thicker, so I just use bleach. You can do it at home yourself and only takes 10-15 mins.
                      Live Like There's No Tomorrow, Laugh Until The Pain Goes Away, And Love Like Nothing Else In The World Matters.♥.

Comment

• Laser treatment can be pretty expensive, have you tried facial hair bleaching?
                        I use it because I've got dark hair and it makes the hair far less noticable. I've never waxed on my face because I have a fear that it would grow back darker and thicker, so I just use bleach. You can do it at home yourself and only takes 10-15 mins.
                        Live Like There's No Tomorrow, Laugh Until The Pain Goes Away, And Love Like Nothing Else In The World Matters.♥.

Comment

• I will give the natural solution a try, thanks. I have tried facial bleaching years ago, but i have sensitive skin and it had a bad effect. and i would jump at laser treatment but its so expensive.

I have a few small cysts on my ovaries, but my recent trip to the docs they wouldnt send me for another scan because the only problems i was having at the moment were the facial hair and on other areas of my body, and the thinning of the hair on my head, so because of this they wouldnt and will only refer me to the dermatologist, so its a waiting game now, and apparently it can take ages to wait for the referal!

Comment

• Yeah it can be really expensive

I'm sure the wait will be worth it though You will come through this, and remember to keep your head held high, not down at the ground.
                            Make sure and keep us updated.

Comment

• I pluck and bleach. **sigh**

Who said we couldn't have facial hair afterall? I mean who made the rule that only guys get to have pot bellies and beards?? NOT FAIR.
                              "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                              X