• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Body hair and skin problems - has anyone tried home-use IPL hair removal?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Body hair and skin problems - has anyone tried home-use IPL hair removal?

Hello,

I'm considering saving up to buy myself a Rio laser hair removal tool to use at home but I'm not sure how effective it and I was wondering if anyone had any reviews that might be helpful!

I used to use the Veet hair removal cream which worked really well for me but after a while it stopped being very effective and made my skin burn. I started shaving after that and while it was very effective, it's made things much worse now. I have to wait aaaages between shaving now because it brings me up in horrible rashes/itchy patches, some bleeding and lots of horribly dotted red/purple marks where the hairs used to be. Especially on my underarms it's caused lots of painful ingrown hairs repeated shaving in the past has even brought me out in bruises but I can't bear the thought of attempting to get myself waxed!

I think laser hair removal might be a good thing to try but I just wanted to make sure I was getting something useful, since it'll cost me quite a bit.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks~

I understand you. For example, I had problems with studies but my friends advised me https://au*****birdie.com/dissertation-writing-services so I've tried it and now I don't want to change my sympathy to another service.

Comment

Hi,

I'm thinking about setting aside to get myself a Rio laser hair expulsion instrument to use at home however I don't know how viable it and I was thinking about whether anybody had any audits that may be useful!

I used to utilize the Veet hair evacuation cream which worked extremely well for me yet inevitably it quit being exceptionally powerful and made my skin consume. I began shaving after that and keeping in mind that it was extremely viable, it's aggravated things much at this point. I need to hold up aaaages between shaving now since it brings me up in unpleasant rashes/irritated patches, some draining and heaps of terribly spotted red/purple imprints where the hairs used to be. Particularly on my underarms it's caused heaps of agonizing ingrown hairs continued shaving in the past has even brought me out in wounds yet I can't endure the possibility of endeavoring to get myself waxed!

I think laser hair evacuation may be something worth being thankful for to attempt however I simply needed to ensure I was getting something valuable, since it'll cost me a lot.

Any data would be incredibly refreshing!

Thanks~

Comment

I wouldn't go laser hair removal. My ex-g/f tried it. She went back to her youth: shaving.

If you go laser hair removal, make darn sure that you want hair to never grow where it has been permanently removed. Keep in mind that chic is era specific. Thick eyebrows for women is back in vogue. Those who had gone thin when thin was in have to have tattooing to give them the appearance of thick eyebrows.

Unless a skin condition is indicated, in which case a person should consult with a dermatologist, shaving should not cause problems if done correctly.

Wet shaving is the way to go. Always assure areas to be shaved are clean. Always use antibacterial soap. Use a wet wash cloth soaked in hot water. Cover area to be shaved with it. Leave it in place for about a minute. You can use a pre-shave such as Proraso, but it's not necessary. The two most important components of a great shave are cream and sharp razor. If it comes in a can, don't use it. Buy tube shaving cream. It's more expensive, but worth every extra penny. Use a sharp razor. Don't rush shaving lest you cut yourself. Begin shaving in direction of hair growth. Then against growth. You should be as smooth as if hair were never in the area shaved. Do not wash off shaving cream. Wipe it off with a dry towel. Good quality shaving cream will prevent razor rash & bumps.

Many women will buy shaving products marketed for men, especially shaving cream.

After watching my ex-g/f shave more than a few times, I suggested she try another approach. She was surprised at how smooth her legs were. However, she'll still shave in the shower because it's a lot quicker. About six months into our relationship, she told me she'll cheat in winter months. Sometimes she'd go weeks w/o shaving. It never bothered me. But then again, she always knew when she should. She did tell me that many men expected her to always be silky smooth, a very unreasonable demand. Some men have asked her go full Brazilian on her pubic area. She has told me that she never has.

For men: if you shave your girlfriends/wives' legs, be prepared for their expecting you to shave them all the time. Women love to be pampered.

People seemed to have progressed beyond neurotic (trichophobia?) removal of hair. Hair is a natural barrier against disease and infection. Human beings grown hair. It's not normal to have a fear or loathing of body hair.

One last point: the best shave you can get is with a straight razor, which is why professionals use them. I have a few. They will effect an incredibly smooth shave. But they're a pain to use. Learning to shave with one takes a lot of time. And it takes a lot of time, especially prep time, to shave with a straight razor. Maintaining a straight razor in shaving condition is inconvenient. The up side is a good quality straight razor made of German steel (best in world) will last years or longer.

I wouldn't advise going laser hair removal. It's expensive & time consuming. In done correctly, shaving will give you a silky smooth feel. But then again, some women have to shave twice a day. If that's the case, laser hair removal might be wise.

Comment

Working...
        X