Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hairy husband

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Hairy husband

Hi girls,
    I just wanted to know if you have any expirience with hair removal for men?
    My hubby whom I love and cherish is quite hairy, hewaxes once in a while but hates every second of it.
    What is the best treatment for men?

• I just shaving it..
    “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”

― Mae West

Comment

• shave the back?

Originally posted by jamesmarshalls View Post
      I just shaving it..
      He is hairy all over the place , and the back too.
      If it was just the chest I wouldn't have a poroblem with it.

Comment

• I spent $1800.00 USD on laser hair removal treatments for my back. $300.00 per visit x six visits over an eighteen week period. Reduced, did not eliminate, the hair on my back to a reasonable level of satisfaction. So I would say that LHR 'works' reasonably well. Not even close to what those in the industry claim or what is printed in their pretty brochures.

For the rest of my 'hairier then most other men' body, I simply use electric clippers and go over the rest of my body about once every eight weeks or so. By thinning the thickness and length of the hair on my body, it also lessens the appearence of it.

I look much hairier just before I "shave" my body than I do after and I have done nothing to reduce the number of folicles (like LHR does...over time it permanently damages the folicles).

For those of us who have "battled" with being "hairier than most men" all of our lives, it's a struggle...believe me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arthemis View Post
          Hi girls,
          I just wanted to know if you have any expirience with hair removal for men?
          My hubby whom I love and cherish is quite hairy, hewaxes once in a while but hates every second of it.
          What is the best treatment for men?
          I bought a half decent set of electric clippers from Amazon, I do a no.2 on my legs and arms. I do a zero on my chest and stomach, and just let it grow until it annoys me enough to shave it off again, it's much easier on the skin than razor shaving or waxing. My shoulders and back aren't very hairy at all, though my GF likes to do them for me, she doesn't like too much body hair.
          "The greatest enemy will hide in the last place you will ever look" [I]Julius Caesar[/I]

Comment

• I was Very Upset with a SO Once.

So I emptied, most of his Shampoo bottle, not all , just most. I refiled it with NAIR.. Within a week he had almost no Hair . Anywhere.
            Boy did he freak, when his Pubic Hair started, getting thinner and " falling off " . Lol

So since you are not Mad at him, get a bottle, read the directions, and do some " Tests Spots. " . If it works good, you just might need a " Nair Back & Body Rub " day every month ..

Comment

• Waxing gives a great result, for a short period of time and it can be costly to repeat often - I like to wax just when I know I'll be "using" that skin the most often. Clippers, at least for men, seem like a good idea, that way it's a one off cost and you can control how short or long you want your (his) hair. BabyGirl that is a very naughty but hilarious prank! I'm sure it would've been viewed differently if he'd done it to you! but in all seriousness, if he doesn't have sensitive skin that would be a great alternative if he (or you!) wants it all off. Shaving's a waste of time, it lasts for five minutes and damages your skin. You can also buy moisturiser creams that demote hair growth, I used to use one and at the time I thought it made a difference.
              Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around.

Comment

• Lil Pip..
                Yes it was " naughty " but he was Deserving of " more " , so being a Non Violent Woman,I find there are other ways
                let them know of my " displeasure " with them .. lol
                And knowing most guys, Shampoo, then use the same Shampoo to wash their whole Body, and sometimes they spend allot of time ( Down There ) shampooing in the Shower ..

But I do have a habit of " smelling " my Shampoo's before using it .. Wonder why ?

Comment

• Haha BabyGirl! Well at least it was only his hair!

Great suggestion Rose I hadn't thought of that! You can get some good deals on laser hair removal at the moment too if you look at offers sites online. It can be very painful, a friend of mine had it done a long while ago and I think the amount of pain is less since he had it done. It'll grow back thin eventually (about 10 years I think) but is probably a similar pain to waxing that he'd only have to do a handful of times, it may work out cheaper in the long run too!
                  Last edited by Little; 06-22-2012, 08:47 AM. Reason: remove spam post quote

Comment

• Thanks you guys... I will look into LHR.
                    p.s. babygirl you are crazy

Comment

• It seems that the general thought here is that women prefer the body hair on a guy to be minimal, excluding the head, is this correct? Being a guy with a lot of hair, so much that my kids call me Sasquatch. When I was younger I was into lifting and sports so I would shave it off. The problem with that was it took a long time and had to happen daily in order not to have the stubble. Another problem when I stopped the hair grew back in is thicker and longer. Is this considered gross and would it be a deal breaker.
                      Also, for the ladies that have men that use the clippers, how does it feel to you?
                      At 50 and becoming single again after 12 years of marriage, I am out of touch.

Thanks for letting me post.

Comment

• Originally posted by yzf0600a View Post
                        It seems that the general thought here is that women prefer the body hair on a guy to be minimal, excluding the head, is this correct? Being a guy with a lot of hair, so much that my kids call me Sasquatch. When I was younger I was into lifting and sports so I would shave it off. The problem with that was it took a long time and had to happen daily in order not to have the stubble. Another problem when I stopped the hair grew back in is thicker and longer. Is this considered gross and would it be a deal breaker.
                        Also, for the ladies that have men that use the clippers, how does it feel to you?
                        At 50 and becoming single again after 12 years of marriage, I am out of touch.

Thanks for letting me post.
                        Hi! Good for you for getting back out there it must be a very daunting prospect! I wouldn't say it's a deal breaker but it is definately a 'selling point' to find the man you are already attracted to and click with is concerned about his physical appearance. My BF uses clippers and I have no complaints at all, he keeps the hair short all over (except head hair!) and it never feels horribly spikey or anything. I occasionally notice his hair against my skin but it's not unpleasant, much nicer than the crunch of long curly hairs!
                        Good luck

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                        X