Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

epilators better than waxing ?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• epilators better than waxing ?

Hi i was wondering if epilators are better or in any way equivalent to waxing. As im shifting to a new place and waxing would be too expensive an option I was thinking of buying an epilator with multi-functions. Also how do you get rid of hair on upperlips if you dont have the option of threading in that country...
    Buttercup

• Epilator's are better in my opinion, because they still remove the hair from the root, without all the mess. I also feel that they are less painful too. The only thing is that they are sometimes limited in where you use them. I've had incidents where the epilator grabbed my skin and that was not fun. To get rid of hair on the upper lips, maybe you could buy different sized epilators, so you don't have the skin grabbing incident like I had. You just have to get used to the sound, because it can be kind of intimidating hearing a machine sound as you put it closer to your skin.
    ♥There comes a point in your life when you realize who really matters, who never did, and who always will.♥

Comment

• thanks cynciallove.... i feel so too though the epilator i had earlier did not pull in the skin but i feel they are slow in hair removal than new wax strips which seems to pull out 100 strands in a pull. I will try and look for a decent epilator. For lips I'd have to find a specific epilator then. Thanks so much :-)

Comment

• I think they are the same. Waxing is easier on the sensitive parts. I just use mine for the legs and in between waxing the armpits. They are great to do a quick clean up job in between waxes.
        Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose - Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster (sung by Janis Joplin)

Comment

• Isn't hair removal cream the easiest and cheapest? I let a girl do one of my legs when I was really drunk once (long story...) and despite my annoyance when I'd sobered up, and some strange looks at the gym, I was quite impressed at how effective it was!
          "The greatest enemy will hide in the last place you will ever look" [I]Julius Caesar[/I]

Comment

• Isn't hair removal cream the easiest and cheapest? I let a girl do one of my legs when I was really drunk once (long story...) and despite my annoyance when I'd sobered up, and some strange looks at the gym, I was quite impressed at how effective it was!
            If you can handle the pain then waxing would be the best way as it takes the whole hair root and all out. Should a woman have light fair hair that does not grow too fast it will also leave smoother skin for a long time. However if a woman has thicker, coarse, dark hair that grows quickly then waxing may only be okay for a day or two before the hair follicles begin to emerge again.

The creams are acid based, sometimes quite high concentration so it is really not a good idea for those who have sensitive skin. If you are sensitive to the creams it can essentially give them a chemical burn that will last for a few days. There is also the possibility of rashes, and the fact that it does not work for everyone because again of different hair types. The more coarse the hair the less that will be taken out.
            There are those who believe that dictionaries should not merely reflect the times but also protect English from the mindless assaults of the trendy.

Comment

• Originally posted by ItsASecret View Post
              If you can handle the pain then waxing would be the best way as it takes the whole hair root and all out. Should a woman have light fair hair that does not grow too fast it will also leave smoother skin for a long time. However if a woman has thicker, coarse, dark hair that grows quickly then waxing may only be okay for a day or two before the hair follicles begin to emerge again.
              Actually, I have thick, course, black hair and I like waxing/epilatoring better. I makes the hair grow back finner. I also have dark skin, so that may be a factor. I did threading once and I found it really painful and not as thorough as waxing.
              Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose - Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster (sung by Janis Joplin)

Comment

• yes the creme's have a bad effect on skin specially blackening and discolouration.... epilators take a few strands off so painful n waxing is painful but 100 strands in a go n getting rid of hair sooner is sometimes better... another plus is that also removes the dead skin layers n tannings.

Comment

• No epilators!!! I'm scared of them. I was using for my legs and in 3-4 months I got so terrible acne-like things that I was medicating for 2 years to save these scars on my legs

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                  X