Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using an epilator

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Using an epilator

Hi,

Is there a good method for using an epilator that will make it quicker, easier and less painful?
    I can't face the pain to do my legs let alone anywere else!

Skinnersgirl x

• Make sure you are super dry. I do it before a shower.
    Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose - Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster (sung by Janis Joplin)

Comment

• Curious, how painful is a epilator? How well does it work?

Comment

• no real good way I'm afraid..

Comment

• I've used an epilator for the past few years... Unfortunately there isnt really a quick, pain free way about it. My advice is this. Take IB profen 45 minutes beforehand. Make sure skin is clean and dry. Also, the pain lessens dramatically each time. Like the first time you pluck your eye brows, you probably teared up and it itched but now you don't feel anything. Same concept. When you first start it will be the worst but then the hair gets thinner, and sometimes doesn't grow back at all. But each time its a bit less painful.

As for effectiveness, the same as waxing.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
          X