Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bumps in bikini area after shaving

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• bumps in bikini area after shaving

I got these big, hard bumps on my bikini area after shaving, probably not very carefully, and I'm not sure how to get rid of them.

• Did you shave so close that you have ingrown hairs?
    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• Yeah, that's very likely.

Comment

• Well close shave is one but I often tend to get these bumps or ingrowns without bumps sometimes... its irritating and stuff. I have a suggestion , I try to shave 'in the direction' of the hair rather than opposite the direction of hair .. this really helps. As for the bumps ..well try to let the hair grow at their pace and after a week or so just use a mild exfoliating scrub to ease the hair out. Also make sure you shave and exfoliate when the skin is really soft,so best time is near the end of a bath. Hope this helps

Comment

• I usually get those the day after I shave when the hair is trying to grow back. I hear putting lotion on after may help, but make sure not to get it too close to your vagina so you don't get an infection, but honestly that's normal.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
          X