Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Electrolysis, does it ever end?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Electrolysis, does it ever end?

Just wanting to get other people views and experiences. I've been getting electrolysis on my upper lip for at least 4 years now.
    Started out with weekly sessions, then after not too long week to 3 weekly now, and for a long time, I go for a 15 min session every 4 weeks when I get my eyebrows waxed.
    I really like my beautician, and it looks better, though it really wasn't so bad to start with, but there seems to be no end in sight... If I'd known 4 (if not 5+) years when I started I would still be going, I would never have started.
    I mentioned laser to her a couple if years back when she started doing it that now my hair was so light it wouldn't work.
    Is this ever going to end???
    Thanks!

• With all the money you are spending on your Beautician, maybe make a visit with a Dermatologist . They may be able to recommend an OTC cream or process or even a Prescription ?

Comment

• I had same problem in my chin and I was fed up, felt robbed. I was recommended to use IPL because it works with hairs that are not so thick. I had several sessions in depicool near Liverpool Street and having a chat with therapist about this problem with electric hair removal (at least I went for electrolysis only during one year) and she told me it is difficult to find a good professional for electrolysis and there is a risk of scarring, she also mentioned that maybe it was a hormonal problem, but after 4 sessions I saw more results than in 1 year in the previous salon. I would recommend you to try IPL and check the hormonal imbalance just in case. I also tried fat reduction, and was great. Gonna make a comment now in the weight loss. Good luck

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
      X