Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you make armpit waxing less painful?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Can you make armpit waxing less painful?

I just bough my first wax recently, Moom sugar wax. I loved using it on my face, waxing my eyebrows and lip. However, when I tried it on my legs, it hurt a bit. Not terrible, but I admittedly gave up part way through because my skin was pretty irritated. I would really love to be able to wax my underarms, but my skin there is super sensitive and stretchy, and I get regular irritation and itching from shaving (which is why I'd like to use another method.) I've heard that it helps to use some baby powder to keep the wax from sticking to the skin, and taking a painkiller helps. I've also heard of some topical numbing solutions that can be applied before waxing, like tea tree oil. I have pretty low pain tolerance, so I'm worried about giving it a try.

Any suggestions for a waxing newbie? Thanks a ton, ladies!

• I was told the underams are the sorest part to get waxed, but I always found having a bikini was is far worse.

Just ask a friend to help out and try to have something cold always on hand. Could help a little bit.

Comment

• why dont you use a rake? that way is painless

Comment

• this is done alot here in mexico. I think because that skin is so soft-its why it hurts more. i dont thin there is anything to make it cause less pain.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
        X