Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hair and Acne under my chin

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Hair and Acne under my chin

How can I get rid of this?

When I first noticed that this was happening, I shaved it and it was cool. Then I began to get like blemishes and acne under there with more hair and I continued to shave and now it's at this stage. What do I do?

Do I go buy some Neutrogena or Noxema for the acne, and when the acne leave wax the hairs? Or Vice versa?

I cannot afford to get electrolysis or anything.. I've read that I can bleach the hairs and kill the follicles?

Help please.. this is making me so self conscious.. I don't even want to talk to people.
    Last edited by carpediem; 07-30-2018, 11:27 PM.

• help please? I don't know what to do

Comment

• Have you seen your doctor about this to see whats causing this.Never shave it will only make things worse.This is an hormone problem and you should have some blood tests done.Polycistic ovaries can cause this and what i have and why i get hair.Theres a cream that will slow down hair called vaniqua.

yorkielass.

Comment

• I agree about seeing a doctor. Shaving it will probably only agitate the skin more and create more acne, and bleach isn't good for skin that's infected/sensitive. Waxing might be a good short term solution (I would suggest sugar wax) but this may be caused by an underlying hormonal problem, as yorkielass suggested.

Comment

• There is also medication for acne and facial hair just ask your doctor.

yorkielass.

Comment

• I have the same problem. Everyone is always so quick to say it's PCOS or make you feel like a freak. Here is how my obgyn put it. "Since you don't have a thicker trunk or seem to have issues with your weight it's unlikely that you have PCOS, you also don't have thick dark hair on your back, butt or stomach and you probably just have more androgen then other women but your best bet would be to see an endocrinologist" They can't really 'diagnose' PCOS. There is no true way to tell I don't think. It's just the combination of symptoms.

I opted for the TRIA laser. I don't think it works. I had one treatment done professionally before I purchased the device and it does hurt but it doesn't have the same effect. The device basically doesn't have enough joules to damage the follicles. Maybe over a really really long time. But if you can get lasered you will feel the hair actually singe under your skin, you will smell burning hair, and the follicle will pop out either immediately or later in the day. I think they can adjust the wavelength per skintone but the results are best when the hair highly contrasts with your skin. I'm white as a ghost and have black hair. Electrolosys is your other option. Get it done professionally. You don't want to end up looking like a drag queen permanently. You know. I have it worse than you so I can say that.

In the meantime, use bumpstopper right after you get out of the shower. You also need to lightly exfoliate because your hair curls it is causing ingrown hairs. Meaning the hairshaft is growing back into the skin. This is more likely to happen when it's inflamed around the follicles from razor burn. Don't touch your face, use an antibacterial soap for sensitive skin, and always use a clean seperate and sharp razor for your face. And FTR taking a blade to your stuff doesnt make it come back thicker it just comes back at the same time because it's the same length. Don't tweeze if you don't have to or you will end up doing your chin and side burns in six months too because for some reason tweazing stimulates hair growth.
            Last edited by Fallen1; 01-08-2013, 01:32 PM. Reason: Removal of outbound links

Comment

• Shaving it will probably only agitate the skin more and create more acne

Comment

• Treat your acne first then deal with the unwanted hair. But stay away from shaving. I suggest you use natural based wax. But do not wax unless you've treated the acne. If you have enough funds, visit your dermatologist.
                If your children look up to you, you’ve made a success of life’s biggest job. ~ Unknown

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                X